Buying a second hand Subaru

My first car was a toyota NZE, and I still own it. Best decision I ever made regarding cars, especially for a first timer. It was a second hand car, but I knew the guy personally, and I had driven the car on numerous occasions. So I was sure it had no mechanical issues BEFORE I bought it. The best thing about buying a vitz in her case is that:-

• For the same budget i.e around 500k she can get a new vitz
  • Vitz has an amazing fuel economy. You will soon realize that fuel is the main expense and you are better off if it is low. You have other uses for money except fueling a vehicle.
  • Most mechanics are conversant with it. So, even in small towns, any mechanical issue can be solved.
  • Spare parts are easily available.
  • Spare parts are cheap.
    With all these advantages, why would anyone buy an overused subaru??

My friend , i have come to realize that a car will serve you best if you know what it needs to run.First of all know which fluids your car needs especially coolant and oil .Getting the wrong coolant pale kwa petrol station utalilia choo.Hii mambo ya kuamini the petrol station attendant to top up the fluids is a ticking time bomb.
Having “new” car as you call it will not help an idiot from messing it up in no time, nimeona wengi waki kubali thermostat itolewe na mechanic ati its not necessary.Saa hii kwa barabara kuna KCF and newer zimechapa i wouldn’t even touch them with a 10 metre pole.
Fuel pia ni muhimu zoea a station that moves stock rapidly and doesn’t and avoid akina Kareme Service Station.
Toyota parts are not cheap as you are trying to insinuate rather there are cheap imitations and most of the people on a budget go for them .Some Toyotas are just headache ukinunua ex japan you spend almost 50 k trying to secure it mara rivets on every part, alarm, identity ,tracker , cut off na nyororo kwa side mirror. Aaaaaargh:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

With 630k you can get yourself a 1500cc Honda fit. 15inch alloys, cruise control (yes), volume controls on the steering wheel, reversing cam and all those extras. I would pick this over a vitz

Hio NZE ni ile unawekanga kwa boot ya 250grams kama backup :smiley: ??

[ATTACH=full]106098[/ATTACH]

ikowapi Squad ya Mazda Carol?

Just the way some chaps don’t like toyotas. And to be honest quite a number are moving from your typical toyota mentality kind. Not everyone buys a car because of fuel efficiency. There’s more to just topping up your tank.

Asante sana.And most important the fit is super spacious compared to the competition i.e Demio and Vitz.

get the KBD Legacy B4. the owner seemed to love it and take good care of it

all you say about the vits is true but there is the other side of the coin you not mentioning… you have to keep up with a grossly underpowered powerhouse, interior. OMG the interior you will get more plastic in this car than in your kitchen, roadnoise, should i say anything about the audio but does it matter? its fuel efficient.

enyewe there some car interiors you look at unasema you are riding in a toy

That forester Turbo iko Briton flani pale kwa neighborhood ame fanya maintenance ya ajabu. The day he plans to sell it, i will be the first one kuidandia. I asked him if he is selling it and told me to forget about it for a while.

You’re right but those who take care of their cars rarely sell them. Remember that sweetie.

Over the years I’ve noticed that chicks who own Subarus are mostly single mothers. No offense but is your sister a single mom?

@M2Random manze unakuaanga na kiherehere mob boss,guess you have never owned a Subaru in your life @Liana go for it, have forester 06 turbo and no major problem

Owning a Subaru is not the problem. Owning 3rd hand cars from strangers is the problem

kwa vits kitu c plastic kwa hio interior ni seats only…

That is why I advocate strongly to learn how to fix your own car so that anyone who helps you is your assistant and not vice versa.
Carry a set of tools, clips, hoses, pipes just in case of anything. Kitu ngumu kubeba ni machine ya kuchomelea.

To the OP,
Subaru is good. It is fast reliable and haisumbui unless uichokoze. Good thing pia there are tuners who can change how your car operates.
Subaru is an excellent car. I can state that cooooooonfidently juu niko na kamoja sasa :slight_smile:
If I had good money right now I’d take that kbd b4 on a good test drive and offer the buyer 400k cash immediately. Or 450 depending on how good it is. Alafu napea madam ndio niuzie hii 1994 c180.

Subarus are so underrated. Of late nimekuwa nikimezea Subaru Outback. Lakini cars in kenya are damn expensive and there’s no financing. Only in kenya will a used car appreciate in value. I bought a Honda Accord V6 with under 10,000 miles for $0 money down, 0% interest for one year and 3% interest thereafter. Monthly payments were $330 per month, cost of the car was $20,000 (Kshs 2 million). In Kenya unless you have cold cash in hand sahau gari…