CALDINA NEW MODEL

its a good ride and as my buddt likes to say “its a toyorra”

@nyeendiani kuja hapa

1 Like

The one with red lights is upto 2004 model. From 2005 to 2007 is white tail lights.
I have a 2005 model since july 2011. It has D4-VVTi engine. The problem with the D4 engine is the fuel we have in kenya which is adulterated with kerosine, snd it jams the engine. What people see it the check engine sign and the vehicle losses power snd it stops. This happened to me severally. When i took it to s reputable mechanic, he showed me that this model had been enhanced with a fuel filter in the tank which controls whst goes to the tank. I just changed the fuel filter (less than 10k) ofcourse empty the tank and vehicle has been ok since.

1 Like

boss it will still have issues due to recycled fuel. that engine requires highly refined fuel. Mits recimmends RON 98 I think. you have to be cleaning the valves once in a while some people recommend Italian tune-up

We’ve had a Toyota Wish with D4 engine for 3yrs iko tu sawa haijawahi develop issues

1 Like

Izah, ni gari ndio ilikua ime baki pekee

1 Like

No it’s not a bad car. No one should be worried of fuel consumption, all vvti cars are almost the same. Make sure the Caldina is not full time 4wd.

It aint though its a 2000CC

just buy the avensis it replaced the caldina from production

Its also 2000 cc and very comfortable on the road. You can cruise at 200 km/h shida ni speed guns.

Caldina is a very good car. It has been my car of choice. I have owned and driven ST210G, GT-T (ST 251), ZZT 2004 model and the GT-4 turbo N edition. The turbo versions (GT-T and GT-4) are way better in speed performance compared to subaru. Their only downside is brakes. For the new models, the D-4 and the ZT 4WD, unless you have some good mechanical skills where you wont just dump the car kwa mechanic akuangalilie issues without proper info. The best ones are those with 3S-FE or 3S-GTE engines.

1 Like

Mine 4wd full time. I go where few dare.

What’s wrong with the brakes?

@Luther12 They are not as responsive as compared to Subaru ones. Take for example, a comparison between the BP5 subaru legacy and the GT-4. At 160kph, BP5 emergency brakes will bring the car to a halt within a short distance. GT-4 takes longer to stop and you can sense a “warping” feeling. I have observed the front disk surface area is quite large on the BP5 comparing to toyo, thereby offering more contact surface, albeit the fact that GT-4 is heavier.

2 Likes

Well explained, thank you.

1 Like

Karibu. Nunua kamoja daktari. Sadly this model of toyotas halted production in 2007. Currently one can only get one from within. The top notch is a 2007 N-Edition model produced in honor of the creator of the first GT-4 (Mister Hiromu Naruse) with sports ABS (closer to subaru brakes feeling)

1 Like