Can anyone help me understand this payslip deductions ?

NHIF for any month is pegged on the gross salary of that month my friend. If the gross changes it changes with the NHIF. Obviously this month is high because of the lumpsum. THATS A FACT

@panktcha you are not taking into account that there is a lumpsum whose taxation is calculated differently spread back over five years. You are taxing it as if its all current years income which is not the case

We are learning. Please quote the exact enabling legislation otherwise your fact may be taken to be a rumour.

Huyu jamaa hana loan? Mine is dirty

Naona umekunja mkia after misleading the public. Anyway, just download the NHIF Act and read it throughly under contributions or go to their website under frequently asked questions

You could be speaking ancient Chinese right now and it would sound the same as far as my ignorant ear is concerned!
When i started my own business an experienced business man advised me; Always get the most famous and expensive accountant to do your books,they may charge you alot for their services But they always save you a fortune on your taxes.
Hakuna kitu hunichokesha akili kama doing the books for my business but thank god i came to an agreement with my accountant kitambo; my job is to just keep the invoices and reciepts safely.Her job is to keep my tax to a minimum. Thank god for accountants.

3 Likes

@Dunya, i have read the Act you purport to quote. Please educate yourself on what a standard contribution is under the Act. Am not disputing your assertion since it may be informed by practice. However, be advised that your position is erroneous. I stand corrected though

1 Like

True because for you to have a gross you must have a basic figureā€¦and that is missingā€¦also the two tax amtsā€¦na Kwani that firm haina HR?

Good observation gentleman. However, I think we might want to appraise ourselves on some bit of programming. Why? You might ask. Programming is core to payroll systems, thatā€™s obvious. What is not obvious and I think @webdev and other programmers can weigh in is the use of ā€œif blocksā€. Hence, the system is coded to apply a rate of 30% on anything above Kshs.38,893.00.
In Other News, si tuache boy ajienjoy na salary yake ya over 100k!!!

1 Like

Heheheā€¦

Eh,ni manzi. She cant be more than 28 and i dont find her remotely attractive but she is damn good at her job.
Ulikuwa unachekeshwo ni nini?

kwani where do you work to earn such a fat salary? give us a clue

1 Like

Thanks guys for your contributions, [SIZE=5]@Dunya :wink: [/SIZE][SIZE=6]Fondo Pendo[/SIZE][SIZE=5], i just got a new boss who appreciate my efforts,
so i get rewarded for monthly target metā€¦ sky is the limit.
[/SIZE]

Congrats. I was right about the one off payment (bonus or something) besides ua 30k salo

1 Like