Car about to shaft me or what?

Sio kwa ubaya but brathe this kijiji has taught me that owning a MV is corelated with having one trusted mech…yule ata namba yake iko kwa speed dial…so ua argument up there dsnt suffice…

I always think its not bad to share such, of course at the end of the day no keyboard warrior will remotely fix the car, but I think highlighting the issue and seeking opinions is good, someone might have gone through the exact problem and can give one a heads up, plus after the issue is fixed and the fix is explained here it might be of help to someone in the future.

In short I think information is power, doesn’t hurt learning about something every other day.

The most important additional info/clue would be whether the engine is raving to 4- 5 K rev/min at idle/stationary. From your info its not able to do this when the vehicle is in motion which points to possible engine and/or gearbox issues. The logical step would be to clean the fuel delivery system. Change fuel filter, sparks and check the fuel pump. Go for a test drive to see if this solves the problem. This also assumes that the car is not overheating which would be a different matter altogether