Car advice

What’s your budget?

Acha insecurities.I suggested Probox because it fits all your needs and it’s a cheaper car as an added advantage.

800,000-1,200,000
I need to explore the second hand option first.it can be an older car but i hope it will serve me quite some time i dont believe in the new axios and premios or fielder they will disintergrate in months considering the distances ill haul.generally an older vehicle within the budget but durable.your take?

Ok one am a newbie that is why i asked for advice,second am looking for a vehicle that can withstand long distances.i dont need an offroad vehicle…

Any vehicle can withstand long distances, and if 4wd and ground clearance is not an issue, then the sky is your limit when it comes to the options available, and at around 1.2 all the options are more or less the same, just pick whatever appeals most to you.

1 Like

As the resident witch recommends, get a mazda carol.

First car, driving a V6 engine KILA SAA. That is a highway to bankruptcy. People normally don’t buy their first car as a V6 for a reason, they don’t have pockets that are deep enough at that time. Instead, they progress as their income improves. So, it is usually a good bet that a first car owner will go broke fast when they start with a V6. Reminds me of some years ago I did a business deal with someone and we both bought our first cars. He went straight for the crown athlete. In one year, he tapped out and bought a car similar to what I had then. He would only use the crown end month juu ya mafuta etc while I could drive daily and not feel the pinch. There are unique cases, but generally advising a first car owner to buy a V6 engine is financial suicide. I have seen it many times. A V6 engine is something you upgrade to, not something you start with. Your perspective about cars will change significantly once you own one, trust me.

V6 cars for long distance driving consume petrol at a comparable rate as a 4 cylinder. I have a 1.6 4 cylinder and a 2.5 v6 and both consume about the same on the highway (long distance driving). The issue is town (start stop) driving especially kwa traffic where the 4 cylinder gives better mileage than the v6. Thats why I said that if he is a guy who does a lot of long distance driving as he mentioned, he may consider a v6

1 Like

Interesting… How much does the v6 consume from Nai to Naks (160kms)?

1 Like

V6 with a 1.2 Million budget??

Hio utapata but slightly used in kenya

and in a bad state

Get the forester NA. If you want to have fun while at it get a manual turbo charged forester

i settled for an automatic turbo charged forester. so far so good its a good machine.

you can import a mark x for around that figure…and the 4gr-fse can do 9-10km/ltre if you know what you are doing

The 4gr-fse is basically the most powerful markx engine. It may be able to do that mileage but I doubt it can if you are in morning/evening rush hour daily.

I have heard of the supercharged markx putting out aroung 316hp but never seen one

The 2gr-fse is the one with the most power…it is the 3.5 liter V6

Ok. But I have never seen a 3.5l mark x in kenya. Just like sijaona a supercharged one. The most powerful nimeona hapa ni 4gr-fse

ziko kadhaa…in their owners club av seen like 3 or 4, the new models…old models nmeona the 3 liter ones

What’s about the quality?