Cars, Nduthis, Cigarettes, Beer, Juice and Water

The next budget is a long long way to go…Brace yourself for tougher times.

Kusema na kutenda

Hapo sawa, but no matter how expensive these stuffs become, you know Kenyans…they will still continue to imbibe

Damn!

I think nitatafuta job sasa. Biashara na hii serikali ni stress tupu.

1 Like

i’m finished

Na bado.

Just asking: is a mille the number of cigarette sticks that would run a mile if placed along a straight line?

1 Like

Kenyan middle class can be defined as anyone spending between Sh23,670 and Sh 199,999 per month.

Is this net income or gross.fafanua??

Blame your mpigs for not being i parliament to shoot down this bill. Only 90 mps were present in parliament yet it requires more than two thirds of mps to reject the bill. 90 could not do a thing…

Anyone thinking of extending the mandate of this clueless govt in 2017 is only digging the grave deeper for us all. How can you increase taxes for vehicles as if we have a reliable domestic vehicle industry to protect. The fact that 99.9% of vehicles in kenya are imported leaving only the mobius(whose parts are imported as well) means that that is a crucial industry for which we have no local alternative. So for them to tax it punitively in the same class as sin taxes is rather short sighted. This notion that cars are a luxury that should be taxes to high heavens is stupidity. Show me a leader who uses public means to carry out his responsibilities. Mobility is crucial to development and personal mobility should be seen as a complement to public transport and not as a luxury alternative that one can do without.

2 Likes

what would the alternative do, given the current circumstances?

[ATTACH=full]19391[/ATTACH]

During kibaki era most goods did not have VAT like nduthis, diapers (with exemption),solar panels energy saving lights etc. Nduthis for example only had 25% duty only and there was a way you could pay 10% duty. after uhuru they put 25% and 16% vat on nduthis and most of the goods that earlier were exempted. now they want to add excise duty and the worst part is it is a fixed amount not percentage of the custom value of goods. Na watu bado wanasema hii serikali ni poa. With this trend this govt will erase all the progress kibaki made. You know a govt is fucked up when even after the Eurobond interest rates za banks are still up and keep going up. who remembers when banks used to literally hawk loans sometime back?

Also in IT, things such as Computers, Printers etc were dint attract VAT. Maisha ina panda na mshahara haiongezwi.

3 Likes

shida ya Ke. we have too many whiners and no solution providers…

2 Likes

Mlidhani walimu wakiongezewa mshahara ndio tax itaongezwa. Mnaona sasa kwa nini mngesupport strike ya walimu sasa. At least pesa yenu masonko mngeona mahali inaenda.
Accept and Move on.

4 Likes

Okiya, Kindly quote the source pertaining to the start of the implementation of the excise duty increment. I have searched the whole net in vain.

you are whining about whiners. How about a solution from you.

5 Likes