Caught in the middle of a Taliban attack in Afghanistan

DI then KBR

I was in Supreme…then Valiant

Mine is different.
We were saved by/because of prayers.
The year is 2013, Mnyama is working for a Christian NGO in a neighbouring war torn country as a program manager.
We were supposed to embark on a new water project for a community about 50km South of the capital. The time was 8.30am we were waiting for the HQ staff to wind up the morning prayers so that the Director can send the signed document to confirm that the funds are available.
The prayers extended by a further 15min. As they sent the documents and as we stepped out we heard gunshots followed by a call to the local security unit to hold all out of town travel.
It was later in the day that we were told that our landcruiser had actually been the target. However the attackers took on a different organization. The aftermath; driver/translator/local staff were dead. Three international staff kidnapped.
That’s when it dawned on me that God was on our side that morning.

seems we are getting back KBR contacted me

Lucky for you bro. Go for it. Rusia mimi connection pia

That’s traumatic! Are you still working there?

definately im going for it…

Any idea when work will start given the Covid pandemic? Also what happens with the ongoing troops drawdown? Will LOGCAP V come to a close?

its a Joint in Kabul at the moment its situation monitoring on how the Biden administration will approach.

I’m hoping to go back there this year too but not inside the FoBs, not sure how you guys survive without phones. Anyways if you hear something interesting hit me up

guys have phones in Kabul

BAF? Legal?

dont even knw the situation but yes

Lucky u…am eyeing on Vectrus…

At least we get good story, si ujinga ya brothel, Ruto/Raila/Uhuru etc

Vectrus target Iraq or any of their gigs in Afghanistan, salaries in Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar are bottom of the barrel

Those meager salaries where suited for these Asians coz they accept any pay… someone tried to make them be sensible not to accept low pay…n this time covid has hit them too over 10M positive cases…compare to our positive cases of 100k[ATTACH=full]342241[/ATTACH]

This is true. They accept the low wages and make it difficult for everyone else getting wages they deserve working in war zones. For Vectrus if it’s not Iraq or Afghanistan I’d rather hustle here in Vumbistan.

I left after a few months

Troop drawdowns ni machungu ya Trump…yet he failed to listen to his Military Generals advise infact even retired Generals experienced in warfare openly criticized his bluntant failure to listen to his Generals and doing the opposite.