Cheki Maneno Mombasa Edition

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Far from it.

Another place that similarly surprised me is Wundanyi. Very cool, hilly and green.

@The.Black.Templar this is for you. zamani zetu. twathiaga ta marurumi
[ATTACH=full]6482[/ATTACH]
extract from the standard 21st Aug 2001
[ATTACH=full]6483[/ATTACH]
departure from Nairobi

[ATTACH=full]6485[/ATTACH]
between mtito and voi, yours truly in the lead, China road had just completed the stretch of road
[ATTACH=full]6486[/ATTACH]
on arrival in Mombasa
[ATTACH=full]6487[/ATTACH]
2nd hand road bike worth 85k

am now retired, i ride for fun and support and train the youth.

8 Likes

sasa patia mzee swallow saliva mbs

2 Likes

@Meria Mata … ambia Raz aorganize mbuzi… mundeke imepromotiwa sana kwa hii kijiji…

sawa boss, will see him in the morning

What??? Wawawawawaaa! From Nairobi to Mombasa? That is legendary. …you are a legend man.
Now I have something to measure myself against.
In other news, I got a pal of mine to buy a bike…

1 Like

wee ni mkali.
I cycled from Meru to Isiolo and and on my way back I almost collapsed.
Hata sikumaliza.

1 Like

Pia wewe weka cheki maneno Meru edition

1 Like

wewe ni alfa papa?

@Meria Mata on your trip to Mombasa, did you guys have a car trail you with supplies and stuff ama it was just you guys, your bikes and the road? Where did you sleep?

Yes indeed we had a Mitsubishi Colt (ngothi) which we stocked with Mboga viazi tomato na bithaa zingine from marikiti, we also had lots of water. Day one we were flagged off from Nakumatt Checkpoint at 8am and hit the A109 up to Emali about 130 kms from Nairobi pale tulifika saa tisa. Loadgings in this roadside towns are very cheap as we paid 100 bob per room but we cooked our own food. The following day we hit the road at 5:30 pm destination Mtito pale tulifika saa tano, we enjoyed overtaking zile Fiat za Woria na vile tulifika kwa hotel yetu the truck drivers came to kagua our bikes kaa ziko na engine. Day 3 was the longest as we did 1180 kms from Mtito to Maungu ilibidi tutumie tactics ya anew rider coming infront of the bunch every minute so that we could keep the speed up. The secret of surviving long journeys is riding in a bunch, the weak riders hide behind the strong ones. we got to Maungu around 3pm kaa tumeisha kabisa, after shower ilikua ni kitanda na kulala kabisa, we had to hire someone to make our food.
The last 140 kms to mombasa was nyweeeeeee, its downhill all the way, we left at 6am kama kawa and by now our bodies had adjusted to the punishment we were achieving speeds of 38kms per hr at at 11am tukafika Mapembeni ambapo ndio Lango la Mombasa. The welcome we got made us forget the misery of those last four days.

[ATTACH=full]6546[/ATTACH]
We did the Mombasa Nairobi route several times again but the 1st one was the most memorable coz no one in the group thought we would do it. our Mombasa team became very strong but we missed out on the Kenyan team to the commonwealth games due to nepotism. (story for another day)

6 Likes

5:30pm? you rode through the night?

Waaa, If and when I meet other bikers who do that route and I got the time I will definitely follow in your footsteps bro

5:30 am not pm, sorry for typo.
Will hook you up this August with some guys who wanna try it out in 3 days.

hehehehe sawa, sijui mbona nacheka hehehehe 3 days?

Very interesting and informative posting.Its nice to see “real” Talkers. Asante buda!

this is an epic ride my friend and you gotta be well prepared, every week you need to cover 100 kms for like two months before the ride, go to playstore and get an app known as STRAVA, it records all your cheki maneno route distance and speed.

2 Likes

thanks for the thumbs up @Ka-Buda

1 Like

No; Thankyou! And don`t hesitate to keep us updated and informed.