CHINA'S 'GHOST' CITIES

Pesa ni mingi sana.Wamekosa za kufanyia kazi ya maana nazo.Kwa hio video.They have said it’s a reaction for long history of communism.

Calling slum-dwellers takataka is uncalled for. Most of them don’t love staying there.

They will turn those cities to be like kibera and mathare if they continue earning the same salary and income like they do now.

Then why do they always riot when evicted? Why did most of refuse to move in those affordable apartment blocks that Kibaki’s government was building?

Were those apartment blocks sufficient to house even half the population of Kibera? Kuwa serious msee.

I didn’t say they were enough but the few that were built were heavily resisted by residents.

Something that I have intimate knowledge, Chinese think on another wave length, it would be hard to explain some things that happen in china through western view points. On the ghost cities… They do exist, but the are usually in outskirts existing cities. Usually the city decides to build a new development in some area where no-one lives but forget about building a subway or it takes way too long to connect the subway or bus system and therefore this new developments remain empty for a few years. The developments am talking about are like building upper hill and cbd all in one go, 100 times in every city. I once stayed in something similar… it was empty at that time but the government has forced companies to occupy it.
Check out TEDA Tianjin.

I started having headache trying to understand that part.What did you mean?

Edited…

Here we are short sighted we will remain a shithole country forever, politics, tribalism and corruption rule our system

True.
We keep laughing at the small strides our neighbours e.g TZ, are taking… But in a few years time we’ll lag behind.

This might be rather crude but we need a dictator of sorts. Preferably from some obscure tribe so we don’t have that ‘mtu wetu’ crap. Streamline everything. Institute the death penalty for corruption etc, streamline everything to get our country back on track.

Coz at this rate our grandchildren will be shafted a good one. We can’t have all these scandals and what-not without a ripple effect sometime soon

They are looking at the future