Choosing Between Mombasa, Nairobi and Eldoret

Life is cheap, very cheap, n peaceful.
And internet connection should also be easy.

Thanks

Quality and cost of life in general

Ndekwe alifanyiwa nini I missed that

A few weeks ago I spent three days driving around Mombasa using google maps. I wouldn’t trade Nairobi life for coast, but it is a good holiday destination. Mombasa sio mahali pa kuishi in my opinion. Spending a week is okay. I wouldn’t imagine spending a month there though in that heat and sunburn. People are different. Why not visit all three and decide for yourself based on your personal preferences??

There is a lot of money to be made in mombasa if you approach it with the nairobi hussler work ethic…

That said I would still prefer to settle in a satellite town off nairobi… say Ngong, Rongai, Kijabe, Naivasha, Limuru,Juja or Thika ndani ndani hivi if am shiney eyed or kamulu/kangundo, Joska, kitengelea/machakos/Isinya/Kajiado sides if am dim eyed or anything in between… You get the tranquility of rural life and low cost of living, while you are within reach of the hussle and bustle if rubber must meet road…

I was in your place nearly 2 years ago. There’s no better job than being a freelancer in terms of the freedom and ability to convert effort to money. Just before I changed lanes, I wanted to move to Kilifi. Before that I was in Kiambu (Ndumberi) it’s was the best place to live. However, I got tired of the job and wanted something fresh. Hence I moved closer to the City. If I was in your place I would go for Eldy or Kilifi or such places that are outside of town. You get cheaper housing and good quality of life. Just check for cost of housing on jiji for an idea. Personally I’d move to kilifi coz of the beaches. The only thing is to ensure you check the house for internet connectivity and your good. If you own a car even better coz you can live further from the city and still get there benefits of the city when you need them. Otherwise, all the best!

I used to really wish to work from Mombasa some years back. An opportunity came my way and just two weeks working there cured the longing. You just become lazy because of that humid heat. Mombasa is highly suitable for short holidays though due to its relaxed atmosphere

The first few months take a lot of will power…

if you are lucky to work from an office, most will have air conditioning… and your body will acclimatize, such that you will be feeling crazy fever pitch cold whenever you go upcountry (beyond mtito andei)…

Another thing is the crazy flus, if you are originally from upcountry you immune system will have to contend with a series of flu strains some of which you have never experienced in your life upto and including having to take meds for them…

Thanks for the good advice

Ishi Nakuru so that you’re one hour away from either Eldoret or Nairobi

Sandeni elders - Sex & Relationships - Kenya Talk

Ahsante