Coal in Kenya...

The benefits are more than the effects. It means a constant baseload necessary to improve various sectors including including healthcare. Some hospital machinery require cheap and constant electricity for them to be accessible to common people. As for renewables wind has a low efficiency since it does not blow all the time. Solar is good but still too expensive. Our Hydro resources are limited besides High Grand which wiil do 1000MW with C. Factor of 40%, small hydros like Thwake, Kimwarer and Arror (@maizeroaster walikula) have less impact on the load. Geothermal is good but still expensive. We are left with coal which is abundant.

I am waiting for the thread to fizzle out so that I can post the pros and cons of coal mining. Keep your comments coming.

How Industrialized is Rwanda? They enjoy tap water

Wacha u-livestock bana… Unataka industriialization ama u-fucker!

Sasa Rwanda imekuwa bench mark country hata port haina

Cancer cancer cancer… Na hii ya Kenya imetokea wapi? Hamna Coal burner County 43 the epicentre of Cancer in KE254

How are the South Africans doing, maybe we can bench mark

Lakini wakenya ni manongwe, how is coal mining dangerous. Kwani hiyo coal inawashiwa kenya, you can mine coal and not use it. AKi stupidity is a huge problem in Kenya

Meanwhile coal is worth I trillion dollars globally [ATTACH=full]237806[/ATTACH]

I’m sure you’re an educated person and you know the biggest cause of lung cancer. Start banning cigarettes.
Also, these second hand cars on our roads are polluting more than coal can ever dream of. Why don’t we ban them too?

Meanwhile as the US and China continue exploiting this cheap energy source, their NGOs are telling us poor people not to do the same.

You would never find them. They usually hide such info on matters of national importance. Coal mining is more harmful to the workers. But if Kenya wants to mine coal, so be it.
Here’s something to keep your mind warm.

An Epidemic Is Killing Thousands Of Coal Miners. Regulators Could Have Stopped It : NPR

NGO is an NGO. We don’t have to take their advice. If there’s an overwhelming commercial interest, so be it.

Post. It’s a public forum.

cancer hailetwi na coal pekee. there are other factors kama diet. change of food is one of the factors . we stopped eating indigenous foods now we do fry foods and eat foods with chemicals but coal is a catalyst mbaya saidi

Sasa Bottoms unataka aje… Usha kula supper? Orenge zijaisha za lunch time… Come :smiley:

[ATTACH=full]237808[/ATTACH]

inakaa mikono ya @Sokwe mtu na @Motokubwa

We are already killing ourselves if you are looking at the environment coz our environment is far dirtier anand more hazardous than any major coal burning nation.
If the lab results at the Government Chemist were to be publicly published, you would all starve

How is the port helping you? Ugandans get their goods cheaper than you, through Mombasa port. What advantage does the port give you over Rwanda? Are all factories in mavoko not owned by Indians and Chinese? si mnakula mchele expired? You don’t industrialize for the sake of industrializing. If you have 1000 factories in kenya owned by foreigners, and local citizens providing cheap labour, that is not industrialization, it is slavery. All guys working in EPZ will be tenants forever, only their grandchildren can rescue them from that peasantry life. Its slavery.

:D:D:DUliamka leo ukisema uko na akili.

Waiting…