coding school

In their website they dont mention fees, do you have an idea?

The bootcamp is structured into prep and core. Prep is more of entry level and you may incur roughly Kshs 40,000 while the the Core path which deals with a specific paths in fullstack development will cost around Kshs. 100000. (Please note though that I’m quoting prices as of 2016) I believe there’s probably a couple of changes since then and for this reason you may need to check with them for their current fee charges for their bootcamp. Hope this helps.

Coding inst that easy bro, he cant do both.

Just choose coding or going college. My advice, The world needs programmers, just focus do coding.

You wont regret

I feel like focusing entirely on coding without a degree or a mainstream qualification puts constraints on you. You are highly likely going to be useful on the machine in your studio and less elsewhere.

Wastage of time. IT or comp sci si programming pekee. IT is very wide with lots of areas of specialization

Go to campus. Thank me later.

But if you’re going to be a day scholar. i.e seeing your parents/guardians daily kaa tu nyumbani… Save yourself those 4/5/6 years and study programming instead.

There is nothing you will learn in code school that you cannot get on google. The university curriculum is deliberately made so that you have enough free time to do great things (think microsoft, facebook, e.t.c). Also, the opportunities availed to university students cannot be found anywhere else. If you are into code/computing, university is the best step to take.

A degree can never be useless …going to University for 6 years taught me how to think and relate to people from diverse backgrounds. Today am in software development and it is nothing close to what I did in the Uni but I still feel the struggle was worth.

If you want to advance in software development beyond the coding jobs a Computer Science or Equivalent degree is an absolute necessity.

Amen to this