Colic: nature so cruel

Oh boy, colic is a fucker, there is nothing more annoying like your 1 week old bundle of joy crying and coiling uncontrollably because of colic. Any parent can attest how traumatic it is.

Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do, it will go away, make sure you keep plenty of gripe water, infacol and your paediatrician’s number on speed dial

Whatever you do, don’t give honey as suggested by @Chloe, botulism is far more dangerous and honey is known to cause it, at least according to my family doc, @Luther12 , some citation is needed here

5 Likes

Not a mtalam at all… .listen to all the best advice above but have the kid checked out eventually…nilishangaa one case was urine retention …

Its not bonoko per say , some of our mothers convince you that they know all about babies better than we do, and since your child is in pain and your mother raised you, you will try what she says. When my son would cry my mothers would insist he is hungry and that I should give him paw paw / uji , nilikaa ngumu.
In our mothers’ days kids were fed in a week or two, sasa sisi tunanyonyesha miezi sita bila ata maji…

3 Likes

Also the mother should avoid spices in her food for some time.

1 Like

Truth be told, that comment about giving an infant honey was completely bonoko. :smiley:

That’s playing Russian roulette with your baby

2 Likes

Odds are 1 in 6 of sending one to an unscheduled meeting with the Creator.

Solution ya colic which i found works ni Infcacol (for the kid) and half a glass of whisky before going to bed(for the man). Thank me later

3 Likes

That’s why I put up those two links. They have info on what the mother should avoid, including caffeine.

1 Like

Colic na rotavirus zilinionesha muliro! :D:D:D

I guess am just lucky that my Boy didn’t suffer from colic,
But now the heat rash is not going away… Planning on seeing a dermatologist next week, if the ointments prescription doesn’t change things, little red dots on the neck and body,
Or could it be eczema?

Tonya vau Karira faster faster úrorerue mwana.

1 Like

Hehehe ati nini

1 Like

next week, last time their service didn’t disappoint.

Aki ya nani nitazaa lini ni experience haya yote.Any pink handle willing to go it all the way?? :(:(:frowning:

Na the mother?

Cj

1 Like

Ulijaribu ile technique ya kutembea peak time waschana wakirudi home? I was there recently na nikapata number mbili

Najikakamua jamaa kuna mmoja alikuwa ame ni derail,ule niliweka thread juu yake…sasa am getting over it.kuongea ukweli sio rahisi especially ukikutana na hawa born 90s wanataka raha na mimi nataka kusettle,wale wamekomaa wengi wako taken…siku hizi natumia gari siku za kuenda tizi,the rest i commute

Zii bana…btw don’t ignore ama lenga anyone ata wale wako born 90’s. Wale umesema wamekomaa when do you think they were taken?, walichukuliwa wakiwa bado wadogo. A good woman will want to settle down no-matter the age.

Just chat them up my friend, fika mapema piga kaguu hio time and just say hi to a potential girl who seems approachable and learn how to take rejection well. Some of them later change their minds when they see you have taken it well. Changamka bana

My child never had cholic , infact we were waiting for it only to realize that her mum made sure she burped after every feed and thanks to an old midwife who insisted we do that… this new generation docs and nurses will take you to a pharmacy very fast