Coming back home -diaspora

mtu awekee huyu VE ile thread ya mayai na smokies!

3 Likes

That’s the cash I have ,I have shares worth over 6m. I don’t intend to touch that. Been abroad for less than 8 yrs but it’s time uwes.

2 Likes

1 I pumped cash into purchasing land through my cousin ,it was realized it was a double sold land . Case going on in court.
2 started a decoration design company march last year with help of cousin ,pumped 0.7m went down the drain,he asked me for 100k jana 4.34pm on 5th Jan 2017 additional cash to boost purchases!!!
3 opened a shop which sells major grains from low sale areas and sell it big in nai with my relative , now the business flopped ,and my relative is a mini- millionaire in my village.[SIZE=16px]The list goes on and on . If I can tell you my story it’s just sick and I’m sure many people in diaspora go through this .[/SIZE]

7 Likes

I love the salon thing and kinyozi. Location ndio issue .good tip

I have no house . As I stated earlier the plot I bought was double sale . This scared me and I don’t do that anymore . I trust no one with land in Kenya .I have 3 kids based in Kenya and no kid with me right now where I am and yes I’m married. Tell me more @Swansea. What are your friends doing in businesses

1 Like

Dude I just said I have no papers . I can’t go back .it’s a one way trip since my visa expired ama? You are in UK and know many people who have no papers ,it’s you go back it’s a one way trip no going back

Hiyo ni app fulani, but you can wire more than that.Then there come trust issues who can you trust to keep that money till you come back ??

So anywhere I can do it except Kenya right ?

I’ll be grateful

kaa huko kwa viti kwanza

1 Like

Nilikuja na kiti yangu. Siwes kalia kiti mbili. Taco ni moja, ama una taco mbili

If you must come back, make it low key, keep your expenditure low and don’t jump into investment immediately. Take time to acclimatize yourself. Start small and grow as opposed to trying to impress by landing with a bang. Of immediate importance is to find something that gives you an income no matter how small.

12 Likes

Thank you . I just bookmarked this.

Before you come back, do you own a house already? A car? Since your return is essentially a one way ticket, I would advice you to work and save up more. Returning on an election year is also not advisable…Come back in 2018, God willing when you have a well defined business plan.

8 Likes

How much more is ideal ,what should an ideal target be .thanks for the tip btw

3M ni mob na ni small depending on where you stand. Cash is useless you can start without it but what you cant start off without is network and information. Get those ones ukuje nikushow

3 Likes

What I’m able to know from elders here is :live simple and don’t show anything you own , as you fish around for an idea .

2 Likes

That’s what I desperately need . The network I did was just horrible …relatives conned me …it’s just bad

3 Likes

More is better for sure. You don’t want to be in a situation where money has run out yet you can’t return from where you came …The ridicule from friends and relatives not withstanding, you will be miserable and full of regret.

What’s your motivation for coming back?

1 Like

Kweli uko ndiaspola. Hio reply came first. Rule Number one stay away from relatives. Relatives dont share tour vision or interests or even have the knowledge of whatever you want to do. The relative route (if you are in US Im sure tou read that as raut), is a route of doom. Your network depends on your field. Strike legally binding agreements and be ready to shuttle back and forth as you nurture the venture

5 Likes