Cost of putting up rentals - Singles and Doubles

agreefd 100%

Same concept but in an organised way.
The way I look at it is, you need to factor the future, how you want your neighbourhood to look and resale value for your area, when building rentals.
With this in mind , I would get the same rental idea but have the build in a neat and professional way. Planning and organising the outlook of the build is my main focus.
In essence I’m saying don’t build the same way everyone does, explore .
Conventionally, guys who build plots, have a block of rooms and at the end they put the communal toilet and shower. This is the colonial way , and we continue to subject our countrymen to what they did to our folk back then.
Descent living is essential.
Explore doing studios, focus on the outlook, and mind your neighbours investment, you wouldn’t want someone putting a plot 10 thing next to your newly built home would you?

Wewe jenga. Kujenga makes you save otherwise kungurus will clear all your money. For those rentals, estimate kitu 10k per square metre and that mean ka-room ka 10ft x 10ft will set you back 100k. That is inclusive of vitu kama choo-bafu, septic, sitima ya token etc.

if, and only if (monthly rent multiplied by 60) > (total cost) then build. rentals are good investment when young. wajinga hukuja kujenga girofa after retirement then they collect rent for 3 years, get cancer and die. Kula pesa ya rent ukiwa kijana.

In short, well finished single and double self contained units in a neat compound that will attract people who will not leave with their mattress at night. Plus will give you better returns… Makes sense

Stop misleading a fellow brother. This is a kasure investment where you collect 30-60k, without fail, kila mwezi. This takes care of basic ammenities in the house. When they are set up, then do other investments. For instance, guys like kina ruto first set up hosuing where they collect over 40 millions in rent monthly. they then procceeded to other investments like dairy farming, Insuarance…etc

true. you can now venture into other risk areas knowing uko na 600k yearly ya kusomesha watoi na basics kwa nyumba.

Theories hapa ni mob.

This is my tiny experience with my singles in mlolongo

This is how i achieved kujenga approximately 1 room na 100k

1. Avoid contractor, tumia fundi tu and source for materials yourself. Only pay for materials after delivery.
  2. Ni poa ujue a single fundi na mtu wa mkono mmoja should build 4 lines za a single room. Anything less unachezwa
  3. Tumia machine cut stones, utareduce the cost of cement used in both kujenga na plaster.
  4. Buy cement and other materials from a big reputable hardware. Hiyo free transport itakusave sana

Iyo 100k room haina tiles na ceiling. But wiring ni poa. Independent consumer unit for each room na meter yake ya tokens.
Hakuna any form of plumbing. Choo na bathroom ni nje na in my case hakuna a good sewer system so cost ya choo inaeza shika another 100k. Mine serve 40 rooms so choo 5 na bathroom 5.

Individual experiences differ sababu ya sources of material na quality pia. This is my experience

Oh na rent monthly ni 4500 in my area. So i opted zikuwe cheap lodgings. 600 a night. Mlolongo its good business

Where DID you pull this figures from?

Western afathali ulime ama ufuge ng’ombe uuze maziwa. Rentals huko ni Mia nane for a single room.

Chap, I am an older guy. Listen to me carefully. Do not listen to this kind of advice. DO NOT. If you have the plot and the money (about 2.5-3m), put up the rentals (10 singles and 10 doubles). Do the compound well and sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Each month you will collect about 50K. For a year that is 500K (two months off for defaulters, repairs, etc). In rural settings people rarely decamp without paying. In five short years you will have recovered your entire investment and your buildings will still be there, like new.

hawa watu wanakwambia biashara EITHER were born in rich families or are in employment. Biashara in Kenya today is pata potea, especially the kind of business you start with that kind of capital.

I had not even read your replies. Another benefit of building? Cashflow. If he directs the rent collected into a bank, after one year he can have access to reasonable credit to play around with!

The most difficult part in this kind of venture ni kupata a plot in a good place at a reasonable price bila kuoshwa

Peleka hio pesa yako cytonn upate at least @15%bila pressure kujenga Kama uko away ni kutajirisha mafundi to ama ununue bonds za gava

Misleading

Cytonn? Boss fanya research tena

Brathe, Jenga achana na hawa ghasias… Thats why is termed as long term.investments…
Principle returns will not be sudden and thats the way it is.
Kama unataka pesa ya haraka wekelea bournemouth leo…

meanwhile as the saying goes … the fear of starting a business is called Fear_shara

Visit any of their office s na utajua what am talking about

Niccas are confusing total investment land+cost of building divided by net return unatoa vitu Kama depreciation rental income damages caretaker cost unpaid rent and other hidden cost ukidivide unapata a ROI ya kitu 12to 15 years while unaweza pata hata minimum guarantee ya 14%in many investment bank products consult widely nanii