Dar

When were you last there Kush? I was at Maisha then Q- Club in Oyster Bay back in 2010 during the World Cup in Sat Afrika. Now they have swankier joints.

It’s female nature, eg in Kenya, they’re more fascinated with foreigners, say Oga’s or any other nationality. Back in the day, early 2000’s, had alot of foreign friends in the Riara, Valley Arcade area. Wuueh, puthy was served by the bucket load.
No Uber then, your cab guy was GOD, Just having a ride, no matter how rickety (read VW beetle) was a big deal. Cab was say 2-3K to Westlands, 5K to the airport.

Rwanda na Tanzania lazima I visit, nimeskia sifa mob sana za warembo wa huko. I’ll look for the most beautiful nichill naye for a whole week hotelini

That’s like going to a buffet and only eating one type of food :cool::cool::cool::stuck_out_tongue:

Wewe usiambie peasants hapa story ya elements na samaki samaki if you cant afford kiza na b-club keep off hizi

Kama unataka local experience enda sehemu ya Afrikasanah, Sinza. Its a middle class kind of area…Lots of clubs and pubs and good accomodation.
Kuosha macho nayo utaosha brathee.

Ok bro. Is that a bar or an area?

9.beach mavi aka mbezi

That’s a good point. But I hear of border delays and I kinda don’t like long bus rides . But hey, adventure is adventure!

How’s Kigali and how was the “dating scene”? I figure you’re familiar but explain it to someone who’s never been there lol

:D:D:D If you’ve survived the kenyan dating scene, now picture better looks, less entitlement, and having the foreigner syndrome.

You seem to know Dar very well. Samaki Samaki is a very nice place, enjoyed the hospitality there. Attended a wedding at Sinza Mori. The Kenya High Commission is located at Oyster Bay just behind KCB, and they usually advice visiting Kenyans to register online so that incase of anything (things can go south very fast with authorities in Tz) they are able to intervene. I visited the place physically coz I had some time to kill and by good luck I had some time to say hi to Dan Kazungu the Balozi. Visited several clubs whose names I dont remember, but I had a local who was with me.

Generally;

1. By bus - the bus leaves at 530 am in the morning and arrives in Dar between 8-10 Pm in the evening. The route is through Namanga-Arusha-Moshi-Dar. Cost is Kshs. 3,500 and you can use Dar Express, Dar Lux or Tahmeed. Those will give you a good experience. Modern Coast has to go through Mombasa en route. The journey is very tiring because for most of the journey on their side, the speed limit is 50 kph.
  2. Flight will cost you anything between 25k to 40k peasant class.
  3. Party life begins late, and though its fiery, its not as wild as in Nairobi.
  4. Tanzanians can generally be very welcoming, but they have a subtle hostility towards Kenyans, especially men. Girls are happy to taste the exotic taste. Like now they are very pissed with Kenyans because vibe within Tz currently is that we are stigmatising them for the corona virus. They will never see anything wrong with Magufuli - for most of them. That means you cant discuss him the way we do anyhow anywhere for Jameson Wanjohi. They have a national self esteem problem coupled with a false sense of patriotism, with which they can throw you under the bus if you speak negatively of their leaders.
  5. Accomodation is generally cheaper in Dar than in Nairobi, and I would recommend AirBnB. For 20-25 dollars a night you will get a very good deal. There are many hotels within the city.
  6. If you have a KCB account and especially Equity Account, you will enjoy life there. You will be using your ATM card to w/draw their Tz shillings at a rate fairer than what you will get at bureaus. Their branches are more than any other Kenyan bank, if am not wrong.
  7. When you mention you come from Nairobi to girls, its a good pick up line. They will want to discover the enigma that is a Kenyan man, just the way our kenyan women feel for west african brothers. Never forget to mention that you can pay their flight later to visit you in the big city in the sun, where you will host them and give them an Eldorado Shangrilla experience, all at your cost. Ukikula vitu si unajua Karura forest?
  8. Dar is bigger than Nairobi horizontally, but Nairobi is taller vertically.
  9. Not forgetting, kungurus are many in Dar clubs, but should you be at the city centre or Kariokor, there is a place called Concorde(pronounced konkodi), you will find your taste there…and they are cheap. But consider no. 7 more
  10. Dar is very hot/humid, so light clothing. Arusha is more balanced like our own Nairobi.
  11. Don’t ask for cyber cafe when you are there, they are called internet cafe - you may need them although your hotel will of course have wifi. Matatus are Daladalas, and you should prefer their BRT (they call it Mwendo Kasi) over the others. It’s cheaper and faster.
  12. The fellows are sweet mouthed, and if you fall on the wrong one you can be conned dry.
  13. You will need your passport and yellow fever certificate to enter.
  14. The data, phone calling and receiving rates are prohibitively high when using your line, so you should consider buying a local line immediately you land. I used vodacom(they have partnerships with safcom, actually if you choose to be using your safcom line it will link with the voda network, but will be expensive), but you can also try Tigo.

Clearance at Namanga is relatively fast.

Sawa tour guide

Thank you very much sir.Quite detailed.Am saving this for future reference.

I was in Dar for slightly more than 24 hours, hardly had the time to randaranda. Looks like I missed much!

Yaani within those 24hours ata rungu hukuweza kuosha?Do you support Ford Kenya by any chance?

My schedule was incredibly tight. I hardly had enough time to unzip my pants!

This is some thorough description. Concord hotel… any relation to the one in Addis? Looks like they do same stuff… kuosha fimbo ya nyayo. Except Ethiopian women are lame as hell for the most

Hahaha