Data Science

@The.Black.Templar is right, that’s very simple data analysis that anyone with some statistical background.

Kwani data science ni?

The point is that he should not discourage anyone. There are a million tuts, forums and lots of data available for practice to anyone willing to learn. So OP should go for it if he is interested.

I gave him the facts and told the OP to go wide on the profession. IMO telling someone to go for a very niche industry with few employers locally is not the way to go.

Simple exploratory analysis is not data science. Takataka wewe

Few to none, I know of only Oracle Africa. The others think they want data scientists but what they want are data engineers and data analysts.

okay, I am wrong. OP somea PHD juu hakuna opportunities kenya

Data Science is here to stay. The biggest example of how Data Science has changed the world is Google search engine which analyses huge datasets and provides you with what you requested. Data Science also offers lots of career opportunities such as Data miners, data analysts, Data entry, Data engineers e.t.c. Some of the programming languages to get you started include R which is widely used for analysis and data presentation, Python which has specific data centric libraries such as scipy and numpy and you can also use Ms Excel advance features such as Pivot Tables to do data analysis. You will also need a mathematical knowledge base especially stats if you are to become a successful data scientist.

Na si lazima uende usome shule. You can use open university resources to learn.

https://github.com/datasciencemasters/go#the-open-source-data-science-masters (Some links don’t exist anymore but you can use this as a curriculum)