Deal or no deal

Many of the so called Asian tigers economies grew from a vibrant counterfeiting industry, maybe we should embrace that too

kama gani?

on another note, i think the next item to be banned in KE will be plastic shoes from that country. Way too much

Eveready

Chocolate Makers

Reckit Beckinser,Orbit Chemicals

Steel Industry just to name but a few

Those which have not closed they have shifted base to other locations and the trend show the competition is either from China or Brazil

umesahau

mumias, panpaper, alphega sisal.

Ahhh you know Alphega how could i forget that na vile ilitajirisha rafiki yangu mmoja kabla ianguke

i know many things bro. benefit za kuishi kuingi:)

Counterfeit to export to other countries not importing counterfeits.
We need to revive manufacturing industries, many on this forum didn’t see rivatex and all those good companies at their prime.
Growing up, blankets were all locally sourced, importing a blanket was unheard of.
We need to manufacture clothes and shoes and all, quality shouldn’t be an issue to import anymore.
With globalization we can match the international brands quality. We just need the investment and change our mentality.
Indians are doing that, they buy almost everything made in India and are very proud of their products.

@introvert kuja kiasi:D

Rather the government focus on encouraging manufacturers, production of raw materials they are giving chinese licenses to dump their shit in our country. Rather than dicuss/work with Tanzania and Uganda on ways of boosting Tilapia in L. Victoria, they would rather import from china.

We do not have a normal government, as a matter of fact very few countries have.
What we have is an institution hijacked by thieves. You can not expect them to have the citizens’ interests when making decisions.
So now we know the problem, let the ones with the means try venture into manufacturing instead of running to China to buy sub standard goods and selling that crap in our market.
I see done to young entrepreneurs making shoes and suits, more are needed in other sectors as well.

Companies are closing down because the environment is toxic. When govt gives workers a 18% pay rise in a country where growth is less than 8%. What have you done to the small companies. There sales cannot support the their spending. Secondly the government gives an uncapped license( Sth like, we can only have 1tonne of item x imported within any given month ) to an importer to bring in a substandard alternative. With our high power bills and overtaxing how will such a company survive.

It’s a catastrophe…

but since ii mambo ya big four ianze things have been improving kidogo kidogo in manufacturing.since budget isomwe stima for manufactures imeshuka mbaya. if uhunye continues like this he will do a great service to this country

Kenyans are funny let’s blame the Chinese for our own habits.

Manufacturering has been slowing dying thanks to Kenyans insatiable lust for second hand goods from Mitumba from USA, second hand cars from Japan, cheap goods from China, etc.

We as consumers have grown comfortable to the import lifestyle. The government wanted to increase the taxes on imports by another 30% to 40% and protests were held in the streets by Kenyans screaming haki yetu! haki yetu! Haki yetu!

We have made tried zero attempts in have trying modernize our juakali industry so guys can create items faster and in good quality.

If we ban mitumba we will be kicked out of AGOA which I believe is the right move since it will remove the bandage and hand holding. Which means our textile and garments industries will thrive.

Our motoring industry if we buy locally could very much change the fabric of this nation but guys don’t care.

Our government is the same spending billions importing goods instead of locally sourcing.

This nation needs to undergo a surgical awakening that will force us to change our habits and buy Kenyan.