Dec 1 1994

hata hawa

A greedy personal-injury lawyer who stole nearly $2 million of his clients’ settlements was sentenced Tuesday to 4-to-12 years in prison as his victims tearfully lashed into him for the crimes.

More than two dozen victims showed up in Manhattan Supreme Court to confront Stephen Krawitz, 63.

Andrea Clavin, 66, of Levittown, Long Island, wept as she described Krawitz’s theft of her $25,000 car accident settlement.

[SIZE=6]Lawyer jailed for siphoning off £50,000 of her clients’ cash - including £10,000 belonging to a hospice she used to fund a luxury ski trip[/SIZE]
[ul]
[li]Lawyer Yvonne Painter, 47, has been jailed for two years for fraud[/li][li]She stole £50,000 of her clients’ cash including £10,000 meant for a hospice[/li][li]Painter then used some of this money to fund a luxury ski trip to France [/li][li]She was a partner at Caldicott Gallimore Solicitors in Herefordshire[/li][li]Some 14 cheques of between £600 and £10,060 were paid into her account[/li][/ul]

And many more

@Meria Mata that was a nasty one. I remember the ghastly images that splashed the headlines the following day.

1 Like

@Meria Mata I remember that mat though nlikua prima ingine pia inaitwa 580, anyways no wonder accident ikihapen timbuktu tunajua. Pole sana.

hauna ata mbicha ivi from reuters…some of us were young and tv was a long dream

2 Likes

Up to know you are still haunted by those memories? I know a doc who can help.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind offer.
inbox pap

which know is the right know now?

2 Likes

Vivid memories bro. Makes one appreciate God for journey mercies.

3 Likes

Still clear like yesterday. Make me wonder what young kids who go through this have to put up with. The graphic nightmares and all. Was in my early 20s and couldn’t sleep properly for a yr or so

[ATTACH=full]22722[/ATTACH]

1 Like

pole kwa masaibu ndugu @Meria Mata its the first time am reading of the tragedy. I might have been less than 2 years by then.

1 Like

I DONT LIKE THAT:(

i remember an accident that happened right before my eyes, it was on the Nakuru outskirts enzi za Peugot 504 station wagon ndo zilikua psv, we were racing two of them trying to catch up but uyo wa mbele alikua amekosewa na bibi i think because hakua na huruma na Gari, kufumba na kufumbua, alipokua Ana overtake kwa bend, Lorri ikatokea, aka ona wacha atoke kwa njia apishe lorry… kumbe dereva wa Lorry pia aliona ivo…walipatana kwa kichaka wakaumana, wakaumanina…that was the last day i used a People Eat Ugali Get Energy Of Tumbo (PEUGEOT)

3 Likes

hizo wepesi as they were commonly referred to were quite fast!

There used to be others heading to Nyeri that were Christened: Nyiri kana Matuini (Nyeri or Heaven)

4 Likes

hahah shida

:D:D:D wacha upu…

:D:D:D:D:p

:D:D was in class 2

and non-weirdos too used to suffer, Imagine umepangiwa momo mbele yako… hata kama hutaki, abdalla gets other ideas…
Michuki alisaidia

1 Like