Depreciates faster than Roysambu slay queens...Leteni hekaya

Omwami, hizi ndio gani?

This is not tunnel vision as you narrowly paint it. I know of literally peasants who have survived effortlessly with Toyota Corolla cars for long without them stalling but I know of many middle class friends who bought European or American cars in good condition for them to stall after only a few months due to technical issues that proved too expensive to rectify.

Simple but reliable and cheap to maintain

I have owned toyotas and they have problems as much as the other cars. Especially the transmissions. But most of the transmissions are cheap. The only good thing with toyota is the engine it will never stall on you unless you have done something to it. Otherwise toyota is a car that goes to garage every month for one or another thing. If its not wheel bearing its bushes or its the bumpers falling off or suspension always making noise. I quit it for that.

I admit that suspension issues in Toyota vehicles never lack but on major parts they are ok and cheaply gotten

Not by a long shot, it’s not. Who puts cooling radiator-fed systems in gearboxes in non-racing cars?

Maybe he or she is selling the car because the current economy does not afford fueling such a vehicle.

All in all this car is not bad. Na kwani ni wapi huku mnagongesha gari hadi inaharibu alternator?
Probably hata huweki motor oil or brake fluid. You don’t check the coolant. What do you expect?
You don’t check the timing chain as recommended. Whether the car is a bmw or a toyota if you don’t take care of the basics then the mechanic will definitely be your friend.

KCF is just a number plate, If not locally assembled. The KCA might even be in better condition.

i have owned cars, and I have sene friends owning this machine. it’s the car that never excites me. even if you park it under shape and drive it like eggs, it hits the wall worse than a singo mother of thee in just a few years of landing in Kenya. even half of that asking price ni kibarua.

Dont buy a European car if you intend to skip or delay service.A BMW,well maintained will serve you better than a toyota or any other japanese model.They are engineered for your own safety.The 1 series has 4airbags for front passengers and 2 airbags for rear passengers,same as the 3 series.
In my life I have owned one Toyota fielder before going bimmer.Currently have a 325i msport 2012 model and 120i 2006 model.
The 1 series does 15kms per litre on highway and around 10kms per litre in traffic.Its my favourite because of fuel efficiency and being able to manoeuvre it fast in Nairobi traffic and squeezing into spaces because of its size.Its also fast with six speed automatic tiptronic gearbox with the option of operating the gear manually or automatically.The biggest expense I ever had was a transmission sump that I broke while driving off road in Kitengela while drunk.It cost 35k.Service costs 27k after 20,000kms.A toyota will consume the same amount after every 5k Kms.I have had it since 2016,driven to Dar and back once,been doing Nairobi to Mombasa once every 8 weeks mpaka leo.No issues.I change parts on time,I monitor oil level and oil filter.This week alone been to Kisumu and Naks,just got back to Nbi.Second week of March naenda Mombasa pia.

The 3 series is packed with power,consumes more at around 9kms per litre.Only use it for kiasi town running and taking family to church because it is the new kid on the block.Service cost ni same as 1 series.Similarly,no major costs since 2017.

Trolls always go about saying bimma should come with a complementary flatbed.Its because they are not designed to be towed.If you must tow it you must disconnect the pulley otherwise you risk damaging the bearings.

It’s true, the parts can be pricey but the frequency of changing them is very low if the car is well maintained.Been happy with the two machines,I dont see myself switching.

What’s the point of compromising your safety on the road in the name of buying a toyota coz of ati resale value iko juu?Kwanza watu wa mark x get on my nerves sana with the attitude.They dont know a simple mark x serpentine belt ikikatika inacost a whole 60k when a bimma’s 5 thread belt costs only 4k.
Bimma for life.This scarcity mentality of buying a toyota coz you want you want a high resale value at the expense of safety needs to stop.Fund yourself in a head on collision in a Toyota (God forbid) ndio utajua juju.

I never see the difference in spare part cost too. Driving characteristics of our shamba roads dont favour the stiff bmw though. Also those things are heavy and drink alot in comparison.

And I thought this was the “Sex and Relationships” section.

Kama huna gari huwezi elewa hii maneno bro

Ni ujinga…hizo german cars na Range Rovers ziko overrated. Mimi nanunua Lexus…napata comfort na reliability bana.

Si inaitwa BUMPER?

@Maombi hodari has first hand experience

There is no real good reason to service a modern car every 5000km!! None at all!!

But of course most people will recoil at that suggestion, without any substantive reason:)

our good friend scott kilmer:D:D

kama hauko europe where GDM cars are well built parts are cheap and expertise is readily available or buying a new one and have deep pockets wachana nazo kabisa because it will break things that will be too expensive to repair (endless money pits) and if the vehicle is being financed you are f#cked

Oils claimed to go beyond 5k km are a hoax. The car will wear out and soon start burning oil.