Despite the prolonged Election, Kilindini port records 10% growth in cargo traffic.

My personal opinion is that we are about to make flawed decisions on both pipelines. Our daily consumption of petroleum is 100000 barrels daily. Why export it as crude? Let’s refine it here for our own use. This is the only way we will ever get cheap oil for domestic use. I also know the discovered oil reserve will raise above the 1 billion mark. We await results of the successful wells in Elgeiyo Marakwet as well. I also understand that fault lines in Kerio valley regions look promising for oil discovery in Baringo and West Pokot counties. Tullow is due to explore there as well. Same case to UG oil. Refine it for domestic use then sell the surplus. In other words no crude oil pipelines just the normal refined oil pipelines with valves that can handle flows going both ways.

ooh hakuna contract ya pesa yet?

Once the first berth is done next year it will mainly do transhipment business because hinterland infrastructure won’t be ready. Try to read on the great equitorial land bridge and see the future of lamu port circa 2030

any link?this field is not my forte

Bado. MOU pekee.

If it was NOCK doing it alone this would have been possible but international investors require selling in the international market where they maximise profits. It is a condition they require before investing. The government can however refine its share of crude oil locally. They will however opt to export alongside international investors to obtain economies of scale.

i wonder why total changed their mind,even after Uhunye went to France to lobby.

http://www.africaupdates.com/News/News.aspx?NewsId=7071

Thanks. With this kind of info, then you should drop the “useless” name.

Overnight seizure of investors businesses in Tz by megafools. Whether right or wrong, its still worrying enough to hold back that investment decision. Every investor wants a stable predictable trading platform both in the executive decisions, laws and courts. Overnight seizures, forced demands and unpredictable head of state making roadside laws isn’t attractive.

We lost to Tz because Total interests didn’t align to ours. Total wanted to control oil in South Sudan, pipe it to Uganda to connect it to M7 pipeline and export it through Tz Tanga port where it hopes to export Tz natural gas in the future. In other words control oil and gas in the region. Total knows we are too close to China so its venture here is 50/50. President Kiir expelled them from S.Sudan in favour of China and a civil war broke out soon after. Total executives met M7 during the heat of campaigns in UG and all of a sudden the pipeline moved to Tz. $$$$ Talks. Total was very comfortable with Tz until megafools trashed the natural gas development MOU. He has demanded for its renegotiations with more going to them. Total went cold on their as well. We should kick them out as well and pick trusted partners.

Well.they can as well go to hell.

You know that is not our decision to make.

We do not handle Ethiopia’s cargo and South Sudan’s potential is yet to be exploited. Plus, Mombasa has its limits due to the size. The future of Mombasa is actually Kenyan cargo alone while Lamu will handle much of the transit cargo