Digital TV - can I plug and play a Satellite Dish

Hey guys, I bought tv (LG HF550U) iko na BOTH built in satellite decoder na terrestrial decoder. Im a newbie to fta satellite reception kabsa. Nimeaccuire 180cm prime focus dish, diseqc na two Pauxis PX-2000 lnbs kwa bai nafuu (5k) olx. @Luther12 , @Meria Mata Pliz advice on which are the best satellites to hunt for, n tips on set up.

My telly has similar specs to the one highlighted in this article: http://www.techsawa.com/free-to-air/lg-satellite-enabled-tvs/

Tafadhali guys, i’ve taken the keap n unvested on info nimetoa kwa hii site. Any assistance will be appreciated.

For now I’d advise in a combination of SES-5 @5°E & Nilesat @7°W to start you off.

@Luther12 thanks 4 the reply. I have C-band lnbs (see pic), will i be able to get nilesat? I thot it needed a KU-band lnb, ama? Iv attached pics of the lnb plus a list of pre-programmed satellites in the TV.

Both those sats are Ku-band. The TV’s integrated DVB-S2 tuner won’t work for any of the important C-band sats coz of software reasons. That’s why I always discourage anyone from sourcing one.

Get a stand alone satellite receiver like a Freesat V7 Combo and you will put your LNB’s to good use. professional assistance is highly advised.

@Giggz since the lnb has two LO frequencies, how do you configure it on the satellite receiver’s menu?

If you need Nilesat you. need a Ku band Lnb, but to use those Cband lnbs you need a real decoder because not much can be received with them unless you apply Powervu channels. The settings for Cband use 5150/5750 to get both polarities. For Ku band use Universal (9750-10600)