diploma IT

Within 1 year, what you will get is a certificate.

JKUAT is the best in Technology Sciences and Engineering

jkuat ni burukenge of a college my upper second class in IT is gathering dust kwa kabati after i tarmarked hadi sole ya kiatu ikawa size ya wembe!.. Hizi degree ni kofia tu… I should have started hustling earlier instead of wasting my 4 years in juja boys.

Pole but of late it has changed. In our time when it was the real JuJa Boys it was a great university. We had no humanities those years. Now I went there recently for my further studies and found alot had changed, with introduction of other courses. Siku hizi ni hela wanapenda sana.

Btw semester ni how much pale jkuat?

If I was advising a young person I would encourage you to do computer engineering, not even computer science. It’s hard but when you leave campus you will be the real deal. The rest are junk courses. There a dime a dozen jobless IT diplomats.

Computer science has more than computer engineering… If am aint wrong!

Wrong. When you have covered electrical and electronics engineering and adapted it to computer science then you have done computer engineering making it a much rigorous course to study.

Can’t even compare! Computer science is like kindergarten.

What is the difference between comp science and comp engineering? I did comp science, nielimishe juu ya comp engineering.

Computer engineers are computer scientists married up with electrical engineers. They specialize in software/hardware design because they have a background in electronics, integrated circuits, traditional physics etc). Comp science is more mathematical in its foundation dealing with programming, computation theory, algorithms, architecture. Software engineering is where both ends meet (ie comp sci & comp eng).