Do husbands suppress wives' career growth?

yes and no ,there are men who feel threatened by by the greatness of a woman and do whatever they can to pull her down, some try to front it as sacrificing for the family , i’m sure you have heard of men who demand that their wives quit their jobs and stay at home, because of silly reasons.
no because there are women who choose to be look after their families over advancing their careers
no also because there are women whose biggest ambition is to get married

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

And that is the problem right there. You are taking it as a competition. I don’t know whether you are married, @Guru. There was no encouragement needed since my mom has always been a go-getter. Nowadays, it seems like all women do is complain about how subjugated they are that they even believe it. She is currently furthering her studies so that she can get a pay rise. My father has never told her not to. She is even better with the laptop than my dad and we are no longer needed at home whenever they need help with computer issues.
My simple advice is this. Stop taking marriage as a competition. It is about sacrifice. As the woman you are the one who carries the pregnancy and that makes you the obvious candidate to take a break from work and let the man conduct his primary role which is providing for his family. It is common sense that when babies are involved, they are the only thing that matters above all else.
What do some of the most successful women have in common, most of them are childless!! And if they have a child they have a nanny and no man in the house.

9 Likes

Most married women I know climb the corporate ladder after the kids are all grown.When you marry young(in my case i was 23) and the kids come along the chances of getting a promotion are very low or nil. Why?

one, once your pregnancy begins to show most tasks that would have been assigned to you are delegated to someone else(and woe unto you,if the person actually does an amazing job at it). The boss will not let you work for long hours and if running around is required the boss pities you and sticks you behind a desk.:mad:
Then you go for maternity leave for 3-6 months…:(. When you come back you find some minor adjustments have been done and you have to start from zero again to show your professionalism.Remember also at this stage ,you have a young-ling so going for business meetings out of town is not even possible,you come in late for early morning meetings most times (house-help vanished or baby woke up with a fever) You cannot do any work task or meeting after work,you gotta rush home to beat the jam.Regional transfer is out of question too so you are stuck again at the same level.

For me, this is the key reason.It’s not the husband, it’s the fact that we are the ones who take care of the home too.
In my case, I gladly chose family first and now that they don’t need me as much I have made significant changes for myself .

14 Likes

[ATTACH=full]121580[/ATTACH]

Now men step back and look at them struggle for a solution that won’t involve berating men and making em be the victims
[ATTACH=full]121578[/ATTACH]

2 Likes

What about the kiroche’s, Dr Gikonyo of Karen hosi, Former Vice Chancellor KU, …add to the list and remove Ngilu from your list !

1 Like

guru i see where youre going with this, nakuonea SGR kwa vanishing point ukija, Tell that lady to stop misleading you, dont leave ur man juu ya mbesha, that woman achindwe kapsaaa!!!, Now on me thinks once u have kids ur attention is divided hence ambition to climb up declines due to responsibilities at home, its mainly time, una twins wana nyonya na bado una pna projects za kumaliza na pia kuna sexual harrasment cases to be dealt with in the company thanks to uncle Uwes, u cant manage all that

5 Likes

Welll if was to deduce the tone here…

[ATTACH=full]121581[/ATTACH] 

has this happened to you …just asking cuz you sound …lemme keep it for now…

And the same society has enlightened the young men to save, invest for the future so as to call the shots in old age. Have you not wondered why most young men especially from Greek side are in competition to buy plots and put up turentals?. I have also observed that when children are grown, women /wives will be visting them and sometimes relocating to the city with their children. The father is left to tend to livestock ,hunger kills most of these fathers because there is no one to look after them. Women are selfish in old age. That’s why old men with money still looks young and are referred to as sponsors and are reaching thresholds

Thats why i added a last line after second thought.

1 Like

not necessarily, there are actually secure men who do not feel threatened by their wife’s ambitions. they are very proud of their wives’ achievements

5 Likes

Plausible, just like I have told her. It’s children

[ATTACH=full]121582[/ATTACH] nimecheki so what are the so called ch–cha—changes sorry i don know how yall can say that with out this in ya head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rVJ1wT4GpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6xxgNTaiQs

It is written, when a man and a woman come together in marriage they become one and therefore work as a team. They’ll try to gauge what’s best for the family and strive to accomplish their combined goals.
So her worth will be what they have achieved with the husband unlike that of a single woman is what she has achieved on her own.
That’s why the woman will refer to the house the husband bought as her’s. Because in one way or another she has contributed.
So I cant say amekanyagiwa!!

Mbona huyu jamaa wa Gifs anaspoil such an informative thread with his kindergarten gifs.:mad:

8 Likes

This idea of men dying first/fast is now outdated. It used to be true because it was men who were working outside the home and the ones involved in risky behaviour. Women were chillaxing at home watching the kids. In the current generation of women driving, smoking sheesha, taking drugs etc. we’ll be dying at the same time. Alcoholism, for example, will destroy a woman’s body faster than it does a man’s. Even being a MWK is now shortening women’s lives, case in point Musando’s lover.

The problem with feminism is that they thought they’d enjoy the benefits of their revolution while still maintaining the benefits of the old ways. They’re slowly starting to see that they can’t have it both ways. If you want to be a good wife and mother then you should forget about career success. If you insist on career success then you’ll fail terribly at you roles at home.

18 Likes

Nice well said

[ATTACH=full]121587[/ATTACH]
you ain supposed to be seeing my posts last time i checked you had ignored me
[ATTACH=full]121588[/ATTACH]

2 Likes

@Deorro pea huyu bishop kcr 2000

3 Likes

Yes if you let them.
My partner is the one taking a year out to look after the child…
He earns more and we could live on his salary but I refuse to stunt my career growth.