DR.SONKO

Good morning sir

You are wrong, PhD you can do it while you are still working, but masters you can’t. Reason being at masters you are being taught how to do research and write, therefore you have to attend some courses and have hands on input in your research. But PhD is different, you don’t attend class, and you know how to write and research. So if you have money you can do it as a part time job, employ a team and direct them on what to do. I believe this is the best way for it trains you to be a good manager as well. Guys who do PhD like masters student are poor in management and end up behaving like over qualified technicians.

You just typed theories upon theories. Earning a serious PHD is not a walk in the park as you would want me to believe. Why then do we have a shortage of PHDs? It might interest you that CUE had to reverse a serious policy issue when it dawned on them that earning PHDs is not an easy task.

Currently the way the system is, it requires you to be a good ass kisser. Why they are few PhDs in africa is because the training have been made a business enterprise for professors to earn money. The budget is made so huge such that you find one student even builds a whole equipped lab for just his research study. Travelling abroad for years to do activities that could have been done right here, and sometimes actually doing nothing at all.

You are contradicting yourself. One minute unaniambia PHD is a walk in the park. The next minute you are talking of road blocks on the journey to PHD status. Which is which?

i am saying with a good institution and honest supervisors we would have more graduates. It is should be a research study focused on coming up with new innovations not a money making expedition and touring. A good study is one done as part time, where the student works for a similar organisation and his study is part of his work. For instance, a banker using his banks to carry out a research study, for the student it takes patience and dedication.