DSTV becoming more sensitive?

:smiley: pseudointellectuals

Remember Kimbo cookingFAT ?. They sat on top of the market gloating and ignoring all competition. They packaged their cooking fat in a tin that required a hammer, a knife and a pair of tongs to open. After using the fat the tin was of no much use.

Enter the kasuku into the market, as in “Enter the Dragon movie” , customers shifted overnight. In homes all across the user friendly Kasuku plastic tin was welcomed as bonus and used to store sugar and spices.

Goodbye kimbo.

Goodbye Dstv …

Wewe wacha, sisi hio mkebe tulikuwa tunatumia kunywa maji :D:D

2 Likes

:D:D:D:D:D

Free to Air

1 Like

Hata busaa.

1 Like

Free-To-Air satellite TV.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: For us in the village, the tin was perfect for making those toy cars.

My brother used to hunt small birds or steal tomatoes from my mom’s garden then use the old metal Blueband tin to cook them over an open fire :D:D He especially liked using the tin right after the margarine ran out so he could use the remaining bit of Blueband for “flavor” :D:D:D

3 Likes

That tin became a gorogoro for maize and other cereal sellers.

2 Likes

Still in use till today. Milo and Milk powder are still packaged in tins.

…na busaa. na kutengenezea manyanga (tambourines) for playing in sunday school…

Agreed. But these tins are easy to open. Kimbo you had plunged in a knife and then force it round the rim of the tin to open it. The resulting jagged edge occasionally also left many injured hands.

Na busaa.

now i know why thonjos disappeared from neighbourhoods…

It’s called a healthy childhood :D:D:D:D

Do they repeat the programs in south africa too?.

Great observation. Wish we had a talker in SA to inform us

A couple of years back I learnt that the premium bouquet is way cheaper in Mzansi than here.

Any idea how big the margin is?