DSTV for Short stay units and hotels

Not on the spot but they could take it as positive feedback from the customers and not act as if they were offering me oxygen that without which i could die.

Why are they screaming now if their strategists were top notch? You see son, some of us have had the priviledge of living in jurisdictions where things works as they should and we are able to see bullshit from a mile away. Why pay for content that i dont need. Walikuwa wametushika makende since walidhani home entertainment starts and ends with them. Ona sasa. Premium tears for them

https://kenyanwallstreet.com/multichoice-group-exceed-20m-subscribers/

Just in: Multichoice Group Exceeds 20 Million Subscribers for the first time ever. Their strategy is working for them. You can never copy a strategy used in another market. That is strategic management 101. Just because you have seen it work in another jurisdiction does not mean it will work in Africa which has different demographic, different levels of income and considers pay TV more of a luxury.

I get your point and it is perfectly in order. We shall revisit as i have bookmarked your comment.

Hii inanunuliwa wapi?

How does Pay per View work?

Unalipia game ya Man U vs Arsenal and you are given access to it. You pay only for each game or show you want to watch

You pay for what you consume. Kama wewe uko na interest na teams fulani for example, unalipia tuu ile siku zinamenyana. kama kuna event uko na interest unalipia hio tuu. That is radically different than the packages on offer from DSTV where one pays for say Asian content na yeye sii mhindi ama unalipia cartoons na wewe huna watoto kwa nyumba.

Is that the same arrangement that has viewers boxers earning crazy money?

Lol, Mimi pia nilijaribu ii pitch…Hadi nikajipata hq pale ngong road… Walisema watacall back nikasare Tu…thank God for Android boxes btw

Competition ni muhimu

Any brand of Android Box that is Google certified you know?

I stopped paying for Zuku and DSTV along time ago… I pay for Fiber only and the family is all entertained… A laptop for each one… You choose what you want to watch… I am on Netflix but hardly watch it… I have zero interest in Soccer

Sure. This is one of the ways shows are rated in functional societies. A show that pulls in many pay per views is ranked high and attracts premium advertising.

Kuna majamaa walikuwanga Job Multi choice walikuwa wanaona ni kama after God, ni hao next. Ukienda kulipia hio time Mpesa ilikuwa bado kuja wanakuongelesha na kizungu ya mapua. Shenzi sana hao watu.

As @magreb has stated…multichoice also called me with their usual customer survey. I told them to also have a pay-per-view option and they just discarded it. They would rake in more money if they had it as they would charge premium to advertising companies to have ads. They have started feeling the heat as guys are more into illegal streaming.

If it were not for soccer, they would go down real fast!

Actually, FTA and now home internet has given them a good one in the diab. More and more people are realising they can get what DSTV is offering and much more on the cheap or freely. Their strategists thought they were infallible but I see Multichoice following BlackBerry, Nokia, Kodak and other dinosaurs that refused to change with the time. @uzito should take note of notable corporate failures as he defends Multichoice.

Any corporate that refuses to adapt goes down real fast.

Corporates fail. But to think you can just walk into any multinational or big company and expect to be welcomed with open arms as a vip and you now want to advise the board and shareholders how to run the business ni kujidanganya. They have heard your idea a million times and have evaluated it enough. Multichoice has its shareholders who have invested millions in the business, have appointed a board of experienced and qualified people who have appointed managers. The last thing they want is somebody who does not even know the price of 1 share in Multichoice and streams games illegally coz they cant afford their services to start telling them the direction the company should go to. This is a multi national which can easily hire Prof Michael Porter( Michael Porter - Wikipedia ).

The people who come up with Strategy are looked for they do not walk into branches talking to customer care ladies.

[ATTACH=full]335097[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]335097[/ATTACH]