Easy Math For The Sharp Minds..

Exactly

So you understand b(c) and b*c have a subtle difference?

in fact, in more than 99.9% of numeric calculations involving natural/whole/real numbers, no difference. The only slight difference comes when we want to understand algebra, especially binary operations which are not commutative.

The notation ( ) means any guys inside must finish their arguments first in whichever order due. Once they finish their arguments then as a unit they can finish any arguments with the guy standing just outside, then from there, anyone up yonder can come with their arguments in due order.

Its 1[ATTACH=full]315931[/ATTACH]

The answer is 16. In maths, generally, “division” does not exist. It is not a mathematical property

Wrong

:DSo if you get 8÷4 you ignore the ÷ and call it 84?

Multiple by the inverse of 4 (1/4). Do you know why a matrix can never be divided?

You got me. Multiple by?

Division is not an excellent mathematical operator. U can use but it can easily mislead. If I’m not wrong, we only have addition and multiplication. Hizi zingine I don’t know mnatoa wapi?

I teach English and have often refused offers to substitute for Math teachers.

You guys just proved right my response to them:

Some of the students know more math than me and will embarrass me.…:rolleyes:

:smiley: Zinatoka tu hapa because in this universe things can divide and substract

I think u scored a A plain in Maths in KCSE. Right? :D:D

Yes I did. Heheheee… But then again, those were not Matiang’i days.

General rule of thumb, open all the brackets first. Then follow the Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction sequence.

You fell for the trap. Wacha uongo :D:D:D:D

:smiley: unfortunately i did actually have an A

Brackets Orders Division Multiplication Addition…