Either of these two Kisii men can run Safaricom very efficiently

Why not give Oscar Sudi? Besides we are voting Ruto to run the whole Nation 2022 - Safaricom included …

The problem is not the skills to run the company, shida ni interference from political tenderpreneurs., utaskia Ruto/Brookside/…etc wamekuwa single sourced kuleta masts and network equipment from China at 10X the cost na analipwa billions per year even though the equipment maker is getting paid for maintenance…and to cancel the deal Saf will lose everything because he has been paid 5-years in advance…

This nation is led by greedy people who don’t care

737-Max manenos pale KQ!!!

During elections they let people like Wakanyama think for them

Safaricom sio yenyu. Kampuni zenyu zinaharibiwa mkionanga. Whoever takes over should be non of your business. Bora services ziboreshwe.

who said rao can gight korapshen? watu wanapeleka kwake bahasha when visiting him

Why not Raila Odinga?

Ati integrity? Hata integrity ya Maraga was beyond reproach. Maraga na Matiangi wameingia juzi tu na kujaza wakisii kwa hizo offices zao. Akina Nyanchama wakipata hii ya safcom the lady who usually speaks in those automated audios utaskia ‘achi achi’ mahali

We were in same high school with him. He recently relocated from Canada

So Kenyan can not do espionage on behalf of foreign Country!!

Bitange Ndemo has a corruption case in court. Related to Konza city.

It can. A kenyan national can do espionage for a foreign country. Just like Americans did espionage for the soviets and vice versa. But he is subject to kenyan laws and govt retribution. In other words, it is far less likely that he will.

Also, kenyan will be far more malleable to the govt than a foreigner.

Why do you think that vital govt institutions of any country does not have a foreigner running it. A kenyan can run a non-vital company in the US for example, but can a kenyan be head of the FBI?

Can a kenyan president appoint a Norwegian as Chief of General Staff?

Let Michael Joseph go back to England and bring another CEO …safaricom is going beyond Kenya borders and if we mess this up…it can easily collpse in a few years…look at what is happening with the government parastatals.

Hii kitu tupeeni @Motokubwa wakanyama kijiji jack of all trade hawezi shindwa kurun hii kitu. Ama tupatie ule mbogua wa faiba.

yenyewe hapo umebonga

What if those elected are the best character/reputation wise amongst the choices available, remember akina orengo, muite, anyang, mukhisa, shikuku, kijana, kiraitu, kibaki and on and on, are or have been in key leadership positions, you can’t say Kenyans don’t elect seemingly reputable leaders, lakini they have been let downs, wote.

Konza white elephant

Select from among the baller boys club……Jeremy Awori of Barclays…another black white man…

Yes; certainly but Shem could be from a wrong pedigree. Though he’s most likely slightly older than him, Prof Ndemo was his ‘technology student’. He inducted him into technology- and whenever they meet he tells people so. So he’s his junior in technology.

Dr Matunda (much older than Shem Ochuodho) was his classmate for Masters in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, UoN, where for some reason he abandoned the course and went to Canada where he did both MSc and PhD. When he was doing the latter, Shem was also doing the same in the UK, followed by Post-Doctoral fellowship in the US. But he has no public administration/management experience.

It’s not that Shem Ochuodho doesn’t have a Nyachae like god-father, which both they and Dr Matiang’i (a Linguist) have. Btw, while both Dr Matunda & Shem Ochuodho are professional Informaticians (INF) or I CT Experts, strictly speaking Prof Ndemo is not. Regards.

For me, I don’t support a Kenyan to run Safaricom since I have been in the business for the last 10 years and I see a lot of corporate corruption.

I can imagine how a Kenyan at the helm of Safaricom will introduce cronyism, clanism, nepotism, incompetence and sheer squander of resources.

Those who are advocating for a Kenyan should tell us what is the problem with :

Kenya Airways
KPC
KPLC
EACC
ALL 47 Counties
And many others …

One thing they all share in common they are all run by Kenyans.

AGAIN They are all run by Kenyans … let’s not pretend how a Kenyan can run Safaricom. To run this company the CEO must have a global mindset and should be beyond reproach like Ceaser’s wife.

You should also consider that Vodafone has a substantial shareholding and if you have ever invested in anything you know what it means to protect your interest.

So here we are not just whipping PATRIOTISM EMOTIONS but talking about money; so in the best interest of the company, we should not even think of a Kenyan CEO.

You cannot compare Safaricom which is majorly owned by private citizens to parastatals and a national carrier, they have very different goals.

Take KCB which is the biggest bank in Kenya and is headed by a Kenyan, identify instances of “chronism, clanism, nepotism, incompetence and sheer squander of resources”?

Take Equity, Centum, Cytonn too, all indigenous Kenyan start-ups that have never been run by foreigners yet have grown by leaps and bounds, do they exhibit these horrible traits?

The problem in all the institutions you cited is in the Board of Directors, if shareholders place thieves in the Board the CEO will no doubt be a thief, the Equities and Centums prove Kenyans can build and run viable and profitable businesses.