Engineers cant find jobs - ni kubaya

No wonder we have buildings collapsing and electricity accidents every now and then.for your information you also dealing with human life indirectly

scada is actually part of electrical engineering
watu wanajua SCADA Kenya ni very few and that’s because you have to be trained in Europe, I know a guy amekafunga proper, employer trained him akaanzisha kampuni yake

@Ndindu kindly climb down from your high horse. As someone who handle very many newly minted graduates i have come to learn that all these kids need is just a bit of experience at their new stations and they are good to go. Be kind and show new graduates around, no need to be arrogant and condescending. Just give them a month and they will be good…remember not all got proper attachments and most went to institutions without proper learning facilities…

I will not entirely disagree with you on this. We are only been taken through what our universities can best offer.

I am just strongly disagreeing with niggas trying to compare technicians to Engineers.An engineer (A plain student) will have a better understanding of a system than a technician (a C+ student). There is nothing to debate here, this straightforward thing

Bonobos like @Ndindu don’t comprehend the duties of an engineer, a technician and a tradesman.

As a parasite owner of capital, i can say that @Ndindu the bonobo has a pre-conceived negative mindset on graduate engineers

Enyewe sai kufanya engineering ni upuss. I am saying this from first-hand experience. Hio kitu tulifanya lakini makazi tunaionea viu sasa

I can agree with this statement since I have gone through a 5-year engineering course. Kenya hukua ni theory mingi na few practicals. Alafu vitu mnasoma ni outdated hazitumiwi kwa industry. For instance measurements mnafanya na centimeters but uku nje ni inches. Automation mnafanya na aduino kumbe uku nje kampuni hutumia plc.

An A student from a national school is suspect. These guys get leakage, sometimes the whole paper. Maybe this changed after Matiangis time. I got a B+ from a mixed day & boarding school, the best ever grade in that school. I remember I barely made the cut in engineering school. Almost every student had straight A’s. I had no contest in campus graduated numero uno. I had a job offer almost immediately sitting my last paper thanks to a lecturer.

I got abysmal marks in KCPE.
So in high-school something magical close to this clip below happened but without the pill. I actually believed it was the holy spirit that had entered me after a desperate prayer:DThey say the IQ can rapidly change up to 20+ points in teenagers and I believe it.

I started to understand everything especially math and physics even able to solve problems I had not been taught.

Pretty ignorant if not stupid comparison. Doctors and nurses all go for extensive internships before they graduate. Jaribu tena

Congratulations for beating all those odds…But national high schools have one huge advantage over other schools, atleast during our time; facilities. I remember we had fully equipped chemistry, biology and physics labs. Metal workshop was a properly equipped workshop which was even being used commercially, woodwork students were producing desks and our power mechanics students were working on real engines. Electricity workshop was also very functional. Agric students had all the cows, goats, sheep and hundreds of acres of land to do their practicals. Add that to outdoor facilities such as a proper swimming pool, rugby pitch, hockey pitch,tennis courts, bball courts, running tracks etc and you realise how advantageous some students were. We won nationals and many got scholarships because of sports.
I remember during physics and chemistry practicals we looked at each other in disbelief…they were simply too easy for us …but they had to make them fair to all students including those who never had such facilities. So if you see students from national schools scoring As it could be because they have certain advantages…they have engineering facilities superior to most universities and technical institutes.

We hired him eventually, ni vile alikua nikama amepanic, he came expecting to do verbal interview but for me I prefer hands on first, makaratasi badaaye.

Kenya ya sasa inahitaji ukipata kazi as a graduate hata kama uko overqualified chukua, while employed ndio utapata networks through site visits.
Chukua hata kama ni deliveryman na Degree yako ni MSc Eng. And also ukiwa huko job jaribu kujua fields tofauti so that in future kama watu wa field yako watachujwa wewe unaeza epuka retrenchment. Kama wewe ni msee wa IT juana na clients wa company yenu, it might save you later in these uncertain times, don’t just sit kwa comp yako, chokoza clients waulize kama wanaeza taka upgrade firewall yao etc, diversify

I did mechanical engineering. Hii majamaa hujipiga kifua huku ati handson huwa utter nonsense. Juzi one technician anataka ati kuonyesha majamaa yeye ni pro. So, i found them working on a Nissan ADVAN, Guess it was 2013 model, transmission fluid had spilled. Client was asked to buy “kaATF” kadogo for top up. I looked at him nikamshow, “Just pack your fucking spanners and leave”. Then pulled the dipstick, nikasoma the right fluid and asked the client to buy. Yaani, this might look very basic, but new technology might not have space for these so called “technicians”. Miaka tani engineering so same an mbili ya kacertificate

I have zero bias against anyone.

Actually the best Tech in our firm is a female. You send her to a site at 8am and by 9am asha maliza Quantity Surveys. All cables, accessories hata kama ni floors tatu. Women Engineers are performers.

If leaders support growth of local industries then believe me tungekuwa ata na shortage ya engineers. Sadly these cows in the name of leaders want import everything ndio wakule pesa.

Before covid every small trader was boasting of how they go to china to import stuff, even very basic items, so its wananchi who import not leaders.

We do so because the conditions are unfavorable to start our own industries. To start something you need like a hundred permits and licences.

My friend and I wanted to start a company ya kuunda taa za nyuma za magari but tuliona moto. If the conditions were favorable, tungekuwa far. We didn’t even need a shilling from the government.

We should start by BANNING all MITUMBA imports - clothes and shoes. Making clothes and shoes for 50m kenyans will create lots of employment in textile factories, leather factories, cotton farms, ginneries, transport, farm inputs, tractors etc. We should not be importing mitumbas as we export raw hides and skins, with the skins being turned to shoes abroad which we then import. and then complain about the lack of jobs

An engineering degree serves a different but closely related purpose to a technical certificate/dip etc

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Wacha uzembe wa mafikira. Bsc Electrical Eng terminating what ? Hiyo ni kazi ya watu wa cert.