engineers in the house...kindly and urgently help me

from the photos nyumba iko sawa

bila picha hatuwezi kukuambia if its expansion joint ama ni hekaya ya care taker. can you see a filler material inside the crack (mostly styrofoam is used). that would be an easy tell tale sign

agreed.
shida ni the key was done haphazardly

maybe say there was a minor tremor but a buiding can not shake violently and not collapse or atleast develop a number of cracks, again if it shook and is still standing means that the building is sound

do you even know the meaning of keying??

kwisha wewe

That’s the exact example I wanted to give before I finished reading the comments, just be observant and check under all those China bridges on Thika Rd, nothing is a perfect fit there is always a gap between the bridge and column.

yap. its an expansion joint. but somethng called ‘effective span’ was not well considered by the engineer coz the joint should not crack alongside the groove and even worse in the claddings; in this case, the tiles. the columns seem ok but the ‘adopted beams’ ziko na shida. and it could be true that the building has ever shaken…what engineers call ‘swaying’.very un-notable but destructive in small small proportions.

[QUOTE=“Fala 12, post: 59787, member: 118”]
do you even know the meaning of keying??
[/QUOTE
shut up

@ wonder, usiogope. the cracks tho unsightly, the structure is ok. kitu tunaita serviceability limit state[/QUOTE]

You guys are confusing me,everyone seems to have a valid point…who should I believe???

Uko safe mboss

haki ya Ngai nyinyi watu nikikufia kwa hii building…mkiwa mmenindanganya that niko safe…i will haunt you till you join me.

iyo ata earthquake haiwess toboa! As for haunting mi ntajikinga na ‘miti ni dawa’