Engineers, kujeni kiasi

Kuna link moja nimeweka hapo juu, to me it was the most plausible hapa kenya

I don’t understand why someone would bash this guy - the moment I read his question, from my end it seemed a thoughtful one and one that could have brought an informed discussion but I was wrong. It’s time we stop taking things at the face value.

I don’t know about Kenya, but some small power stations elsewhere simply use the excess power to pump the water back to the reservoir

Jesus Christ!!! Please delete this misinformation ASAP. Nothing like that has ever existed. You have displayed major technical ignorance by trying to sound smart.

hata wewe ni kama hujafika kiambere…kwani watu hawatembeagi kenya hii?

Dude, I have done maintenance at the adjacent Power substation.
Again I repeat, to save face… DELETE ASAP.

Yes we do store it but the technology isn’t nearly mature enough. For solar and wind, we can store using batteries for a very short amount of time for purposes of stabilizing the grid. But for hydro, we have pumped storage, which means we use the extra power generated by the grid in the rainy seasons to pump water back up using motors, increase it’s potential energy and then run it back down during the dry seasons.

Hapa uko out of your depth, those ‘batteries’ you saw were not for the purpose you assume. We can’t even store solar or wind power using batteries.

Ni kama hukuangalia poa

[SIZE=1]wacha ujinga:D:D[/SIZE]

Capacitor huStore nini forester?
Cc @mongoose
Ama io ni under 0.5 ya stima

Generally, High Voltage AC power cannot be stored in its AC form. The only way to have some form of electricity power energy storage is by converting it to DC for storage in batteries. This however is not practical for large scale heavy power as it is expensive and sizing to satisfy demand would be uneconomical.
Other countries have toyed with pumping back the water into the dams for generation when power demand is high.
That is why we generally size the country’s generation capacity to the projected demand so as to satisfy peak demand.
The expensive thermal(Diesel) generations are usually reserved to satisfy peak demand while the cheaper hydros, geothermal, wind and solar are always engaged for the base demand.

Don’t defend ignorance, agree to be enlightened.

Gashwin derives a lot of pleasure in correcting Talkers’ grammar. It is not a good thing. English is a foreign lingua to most of the world. Yaaaaani he picks on a thread and carries on marking it down thereby watering down the message. Yet I read him often murdering the language… na sio banter. Now Gashwin do not lug the chip on your shoulder to other threads. Accept ukichapwa. You do not have answers to everything. Nobody does.

Written English language has changed a lot dude. Not the way it was taught in Kenya.

Niwache please.

Umeshawahi sikia kitu kinaitwa sarcasm my friend?

Gladly yees gladly but ukweli usemwe. Usijifanye you are being vorrowed…pls not by me.

That is right considering the wind power especially at Loiyangalani generates most when the winds are strongest between 9pm and 6am.Coincidentally that is when we have the lowest demand(10pm to 7am).
Considering the PPA’s “take or pay” model, we end up paying for excess generation.
The upside is that the Nation Control prioritised the uptake of the cheaper wind energy while reducing the hydros respectively. This in essence saved the dam waters for later generation. Indeed KPLC admit that were it not for the LTWP power, water levels would have gone very low during this past dry season.
PS:Remember the years of water rationing(2000-2002) due to low water levels in the dams?That is now forgotten…

In your 50 yrs umekuwa ktalk this is the only sensible stuff umesema…kula my like

Hehe, the irony is that “English Illiterate” Chinese, Japs, French etc come to execute major complicated engineering projects for us while the Kenya “English fluent” engineers and population gawk.