Europeans Brought Christianity to Africa

Firstly, it is simply against human nature to practice fundamentalist Christianity. It is impractical. This is true for many other religions whether they preach vanity or not.
Humans can hardly achieve perfection as religion might want to show you. If you can learn from many other realms of biological life, members of a species are supposed to compete and knock each other out in a bid to survive. That is why there is rich and poor. The ideal of a benevolent man who shares everything is a myth. It has never happened and will never happen. All violence and misery is brought by competition, and this is not unique to humans. Sharing is against basic human instincts unless it is done to secure own security.
And as for the hegemony, the idea of a god is good for the poor serfs while they feel no need to follow through with their teaching themselves. Isn’t Vatican, Deya, Kanyari, colonial missionaries etc sufficient evidence?

The reason why science carries so much weight when it comes to the pursuit for knowledge about the universe is because of it’s objective nature and reliability. It’s reliability comes from the fact that it’s premises and declarations can be independently verified. Most religions presuppose the existence of their deity and that it/she/he is the real one and that’s where the madness begins.

About the claim of Jesus not being dead, that is just those groups trying to interpret the bible in a realistic manner according to what we know about the physiological functions of the human body. This knowledge is the same that we use to treat and even cure diseases and its reliability is verified.

The problem about simply accepting nature to be God’s creation is that this limits and literally invalidates the need to pursue knowledge. If diseases and earthquakes can simply be explained as the will of God why do we need to study them.

I don’t know whether human beings have freewill or not, but the idea of God being omniscient invalidates the phenomenon. The idea of hell aslo seema to be a limit to freewill. One of the ten commandments demands that humans not to worship any other god apart frpm Yaweh. God is demanding.

I don’t know how you can believe in a non existent god, I simply lack the belief in deities. This allows me to take sole responsibility of my actions.

god does not prevent you from being immoral or having no self control…you prevent yourself

HIZO ujinga @ Karl maxchieth huandika hua sisomi si aende aandike dictionary.

2 Likes

Point of correction, Europeans did not introduce Christianity to Africa. The Kingdom of Aksum (present day Ethiopia and Eritrea) was already a Christian nation centuries before the Europeans came and colonized Africans.