Ever considered suicide? - Basi haujui Bankruptcy na Kuchotwa!....

WHAT BROUGHT THE DEPRESSION?

How have you been holding on for those two years?

I wouldnt say exactly what but I had spent years doing something that eventually came to nothing. Years, years, day and night. In the process I missed enjoying life and spent tons of money. Am under thirty, but the whole thing wasted so much of me. I ended up depressed despite being financially stable and healthy.

1 Like

How encouraging, wish u included how you got back on your feet. I too have a personal story, not to the extent of losing a house but just a small apartment but as u said how deep one gets affected varies from one person to the other. Beside loosing the roof over my head, a couple other misfortunes had began to hit me one after the other. they kept piling up. they do attract, you know. I wanted to end it all but the thought of someone very dear to me finding out about it when he’s old enough cld not allow me to go through with it.
i was not going to give him permission to take the easy way whenever things got rough.
so here i am today. i learnt a lot from my mistakes, and even got to know myself better.

i should also mention my religion died around that time

nice read

3 Likes

@Ka-Buda! si umepitia mingi.

Consider writing a book.

1 Like

Lol! dude do i know you?? i have a very close friend who went through similar ordeal…Uncle, Such was a great read in the morning. Am encouraged

In kenya not many people take mortages

HOT TAKE BRO!

Pole mzeiya.

1 Like

Pole sana . .

1 Like

@Ka-Buda And @Ingia men you guys have encouraged me, i have never lost alot like like kabuda or stressed so much, but i think i have always overcome any thing that life throws at me but with alot of sacrifices like friends and family, being alone and feeling like not talking to anyone

pole sana, I have a friend in the U.S that is currently playing a cat and mouse game with immigration and all that shit but I think its only a matter of time before he finds himself in JKIA

QUOTE your sources.

Enyewe life is such a bitch…You struggle so hard and the best thing it can do is attempt to break you down. And just when you think things are getting, better, it knocks u hard to the floor tena…But what to do, Such is Life…Love WINSTON CHURCHILL’S QUOTE…
“When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.”…

Its beign tough! Really tough. Starting from scratch aint a joke. Thanks to my mum sidhani I could be here today! Deportation is cruel.

1 Like

Now i understand why your comments come out the way they do…Hopefully with time things will change

My cousin has attempted suicide at least twice. Usually swallowing pills. She does suffer from depression but as to what its cause is, she either doesnt want to tell us or hasnt been found yet. Its really sad, and what makes it harder for her is for “normal people” like us keep being to to talk to her and encourage her. I think its really hard for someone like me who hasn’t been through it to fully understand depression and subsequent desperation to give encouragement.But good on you lads for coming through it all

Depression is a disease of the way the brain percives and processes what a person is going through.
It is a disease like any other but due to all the stigma surrounding mental illness alot of people are afraid to even admit it to themselves that they are depressed. No one wants to be judged or treated like there is something wrong with them and the worst bit is that it can trigger all other sorts of mental health issues like paranoia and schizophrenia making it even harder to treat.
One thing you can`t do is give up on your cousin,let her know that you are there if she needs to talk without judging or even trying to understand what she is going through.

1 Like

Wewe umeshinda!
I think that is the most trying thing that could happen to anyone and the fact that you are here telling the tale makes you a conquerer.3 of my friends got deported in exactly the same way and they were all dead inside 1 year juu ya ulevi etc.They just couldn`t cope with the shame,failure yet they all came from very well to do families.
It takes a man to loose everything and keep their dignity and my hat goes off to you.
I wish you could narrate your story from beginning to end because this is a nightmare that alot of people abroad fear having to deal with and it would be nice to hear a story of someone surviving through this.

Did you get any proffessional or medical help ama how did you overcome it?