Excise Duty Confirmed 200K watu walie sasa

Key word MIGHT

Partly true. However, note that demand for second hand Range, VX,Mercs, BMWs and such like big vehicles will be very high coz the vehicles are now cheaper than before. For instance, if I buy a Range today, I expect it to be cheaper by Kshs 1.5M.Vehicles like Premios, Allions, Probox, Demios, etc will now be more expensive by an average of 50k

Sure, you have a keen eye.

Wacha niendeshe hii piki piki yangu lakini 2018 hiyo mazda rx-8 ni lazima ninunue

I thought Premios (7-8 years old) etc pays more duty than 200k. In all this, I see government losing more revenue.

Most of us who go for second-hand vehicles are price-sensitive. There is a reason why a good number of Kenyans opt to buy second-hand vehicles rather than new vehicles. Price is a big factor. I doubt whether first-time buyers will opt to buy any of the cars you have listed there.

IF that is true then the older cars will be cheaper

Remember here we are talking about excise duty only. Current excise duty on an 8 year old premio is 124K

1 Like

I share you view. The government will make less revenue. The next 6-12 months will be crucial. If the taxman realizes that he’s making less, I expect an amendment in the next financial year.

1 Like

Seems people are lost in this excise duty stuff. I will attach screen shots of an old comment I made on the same to clear the air. But remember we are talking about Excise duty and not Total taxes. Total taxes includes: Excise duty, VAT and Import duty

2 Likes

[ATTACH=full]22661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]22662[/ATTACH]

I dont see the difference for akina premio na mercs. Lakini watu wa demio, vitz woooi.

:smiley:

2 Likes

kama ni difference ya arnd 51k atleast sio mbaya as people had thought lakini niliona dealer mwingine aki advertise probox 720k anaambia pottential clients ati kutoka this week itakua 920k so wanunue haraka. Kuna watu watakulia vibaya kwa clients gullible; na ni wengi

1 Like

kweli hii kijiji ndio watu wanakujia news
https://web.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208019567832083&set=a.10202060096409022.1073741826.1385217758&type=3&theater

Haisulu, you would have fixed it.

How can newer cars be cheaper to mwananchi when they fetch higher taxes?

I won’t believe it till you cite the exact clause

In Kenya, it is still cool to own a vehicle, so watu watatafuta the extra cash to buy the 8yr old vehicles