Expect total lockdown announcement anytime.

military will crank up manufacturing of food rations. A meal a day yaye.

there is a far highr numbe rof infected persons hata yule jamaa wa mp sha dyed from colona

jama unatumia jina lockdown ni kama umeskia leo!!!hio shit haiwezi happen Kenya!!!if they say eti lock down watu wata kula mpaka mavi…langata wadosi ita bidii wa hepe juu zile house break na ngeta zita kua hii tao ita bidii hio corona iuwe watu sasa

Pull the stick out of your ass and focus on the bigger picture, whether slum dwellers are 200k or 2 million you can’t lock them down.

You actually can. Just ask Kibaki during the 2007/08 Riots. Kibra was on lock down mpaka wakasahau the mganga they were fighting for.
If you know kibra well, it actually is very easy to quarantine it forcefully

Hahahaha, I think I see where you’re coming from now.

this is an industry that should never have been as big. Naivasha is now covered in hyacinth just so we can export 20/- roses.

let them rot.

If Europe needed flowers so badly, they’d be grown in Europe under subsidy if necessary

Have you factored in the weather factor?

What’s the relation between the flower farms amd hyacinth? Also, where do the flower farms dispose their waste?

The flower farms use plenty of fertilizer and because of the general geography of the area, the fertilizer ends up in the lake, causing the bloom.

Naivasha is a fresh water lake with no obvious outlet, so there has to be some underground streams somewhere from or to the lake that are not too deep.

Many in government own shares on those farms so don’t expect NEMA to ever say anything too loudly.

If there’s anything good from Corona, it will be the death of those farms

another farm I hope is killed is the Del Monte pineapple farms in Thika.

Bonobos can’t take care of themselves, let nature take its course

Nope, that’s the reality. Most people (governments) thought that they were invincible until Italy happened. You either shut down voluntarily and have greater control of the situation or coronavirus will handle you bila lube the Chinese-Italian way. That’s the reality.

Theres nothing special about Naivasha weather. Those roses can be hybridized to grow in Southern Italy. Or in Dutch greenhouses.

The reason they don’t is because Europeans care enough about themselves not to grow them at home. It’s not food after all.

Let’s wait to see how we respond

On paper everything is on point but Omera this Kenya bwana!! nothing of that sort is gonna happen.
Itakua “lock down” and it’ll just remain that. We don’t have the personell to achieve that leave alone matters discipline.

Ebu go thru this link and revert…

why can't europeans grow flowers in europe instead of importing from kenya - Google Search

sounds like bullshit

google link pekee?

Why not link an actual research paper or several proving without doubt that flowers only grow here?

Kenya can buy all the foreign newspapers it needs to keep the market open. The fact remains that these are roses and are not an essential part of European life.

Kenyans are poor so labour is cheap, the day we are not that cheap that 40% market share will go elsewhere.

And even if no alternative growers spring forth, Europeans will move on and start gifting stuff they can find that is cheap.

These are roses, not tomatoes.

Walahi…I shake my damn head. What really is your query so that I can draft up some bullet points? You seem happy that the industry is down without explaining why you are happy? fire me 3 bullet Qs and I will come back. Ni hayo tuuu kwa sasa.

Rumour has it patient zero was not the lady gova is claiming, it is a cover up. Some mzungu mzee who was on that controversial China Southern flight is our guy. He was admitted at Aga Khan at some point. A recent lock-down of a Nairobi hotel was a desperate attempt to get the lanye he had been with who might still be out there.

lanye hupanda matatu and thats how corona has already spread across nyairofi …