Exporting French Beans

Ww ile bangi unavuta itabidi uni intro kwa peddi wako… 50m unaeza pea only 50 people 1m. Kwamilia apo kwa esabu za 5x1000000 iyo design

Go talk to Kakuzi ndio ukuwe na ready market even before planting - they can advise you on produce on high demand huko majuu the ones they need - so be flexible

You go

Pole sikua nimeona hii swali. Unajua giving a ball-park figure for capital in agriculture is not easy. It depends on so many variables. Where is the farm? What kind of soil? How easy is it to source reliable labour in your location. What crops do you want to grow? Are the crops grown open field, in a greenhouse or under an agro-net? How local do you want your materials to be? Quality of pipes, pumps, etc. How good of a negotiator are you? How prone to being taken advantage of are you? Did you get a genuine agronomist?
The advice I was given and which I think is the best advice anyone can ever be given is do your research, then start small on a very tiny piece of land where you intend to do the agriculture. Better to make a mistake on a 5m x 5m scale than to make a mistake on an entire acre. Once you have an understanding of what you are doing then scale up.

Asante bro. I spoke to an agronomist and a guy who has farmed on the ground. I settled on onions and greens (the latter because they mature early and huwa na ready market). Nime anza na ka part ka dogo kwa shamba, I am always on the ground checking things and so far so good. I approached some of those contract farming guys, LaGran being one of them (thanks to you, I saw it on your post up in here) but decided against going this route to start small for a more localized market. With deliberate effort, commitment, consistency and some good luck on the side, I should be smiling. Shamba iko side za Kajiado, around Umma University.

I hope it turns out to be the best idea you ever made.

By chance, last night I saw the revised contracts Lagran is giving new entrants and they are awful. I’m angry I even ever endorsed them. I do not know what it is with people and greed. A company starts so well, but the moment they establish a strong position they become oppressive.
Targeting the local market, especially if you get a reliable market is a great idea. I assume your idea is greens for sustenance and onions for the big bet. If that’s it, I love it. Kajiado is a perfect location for such a strategy.

Sorry, I missed this question last time out. Kisii you can talk to greenlife. They are currently looking for farmers in Nyamira and Bomet but am sure they will not say no to a farmer in Kisii. The crop they are currently recruiting for is French Beans. Do you have a water source? You can check their contract and see if it is worth your while. With one acre you’d need to be very careful with everything, there’s no room for error. But once you get the hang of it, you can always lease more acres in Nyamira and expand your operations to hedge your bets. The good thing about french beans is that the turn around time is only 2 months. So errors can be quickly corrected.

@DMAN If you chose to go with greenlife, you can dm me for the contact of their lead agronomist in the Nyamira-Sotik-Bomet region.
I think their price is awful. 43/- per kg for groups 55/- per kg for individuals. With an open field production target of 4 tonnes. The revenues should be 172,000 to 220,000 every 2 months. Against a production cost of roughly 70k. There will be the additional transport cost from Kisii to Nyamira, maybe 5k or thereabouts. Capital outlay if you have your own water source will depend on the irrigation method you opt for. Sprinklers are more affordable than drip.
Your profit margins should be roughly 40k - 70k a month per acre.

can we talk, in bomet and want to venture

No problem. Tuma inbox juu siwezi peana phone number kwa forum

fiti

He is right. With one acre, at such a strategic location, i also suggest you target the local market. Mostly green leafy vegetables. If you have enough water. You will not lack a market and it is less restrictive. Go for kales, Spinach, herbs, etc. One acre of Kales, properly managed should give you 20 - 30K weekly.

uko na market ya kales