Facebook takes on telcos with low-cost Internet in Nairobi

wacha ninunue for my secondary phone niitumi huko

1 Like

stumbling block inakuanga infrastructure

@spear fibre cable connection imefika wapi saizi?

In the last one year they have been spreading their network all over Nairobi but starting with estates along major highways and densely populated home. I’m using them at home and i’m not saying where. Its fast, fair priced, unlimited and never down. Hapo tu ndio wameshida zuku. What we need are more players like the one above to challenge them so that we get more for less and better service for all. Someone needs to interrogate them on their fibre network routes.

https://www.safaricom.co.ke/business/wholesale-roaming/wholesale-services-infrastructure/fiber-cable

1 Like

True lakini unakumbuka Masaibu ya Able Wireless [MEDIA=medium]dd9f1784ee99[/MEDIA] ?

Awesome…is it just mobile ama pia itawork on comps and TV

Ni how much

Safcom home fibre is 3500 a month for 10mbps, 5000 a month for 20mbps and 10000 for 40mbps. Bandwidth shared ratio is 1:4. Unlimited.
I foresee it getting cheaper soon.

Zuku just sent me this

[ATTACH=full]86979[/ATTACH]

They should make it cheaper and reach more people kwani wanangoja nini, ama walilalia maskio zuku ikapenya

lakini hii Home internet hata Collymore aliregret mbona hawakuingilia mapema

1 Like

Ukiangalia forum za brits,utapata wako na hadi packages za 10GBps

sijui tutafika huko lini

market base yao ni corporate clients,home based clients ni afterthought kwao

Angalia Za Romania, 1Gbps wanalipia ksh 1800

1 Like

When I was looking for home fibre my first choice was zuku lakini the comments section on any platform including here was full of complains for various issues. It’s doesnt make sense to give a cheaper services and give someone false hope then it’s constantly off with customer care equally useless.

1 Like

Hehehe net huko inauzwa kama mandazi

Nowornder wako na some of the best comp scientists

KP are wholesalers, not retailers.

actually KPLC wengine hutumia their infrastructure i.e cables za net zinapitishwa kwa poles za KPLC

Sounds good on paper (like all NGO stuff) but these type of connections are not reliable.
-Most likely it’s on the 2.4ghz hence congestion and interference. The 5ghz spectrum is crowded too.
-Self interference
-Line of sight is needed(for the best speeds.)
-Shared speeds
-You need access point(ap) every where to cover a wide region. Too many points of failure.
-If the main ap is switched off, all go down. Also will all the access point have a power back up?
-Support? Headache.

Zuku have vastly improved in the last one year. Nowadays downtime is very rare.

3 Likes