Farming ni Tamu! I started this year pole pole tu. Now I have 40 female goats and Just added a male.

Wadau … kuuliza sio ujinga lakini ni aibu kubwa kwa mwanaume ji Baba mzima kupayuka ovyo ovyo about stuff you know nothing about. He obviously bought them kama zimepandwa yaani zilikuwa na mimba tayari. It costs a little bit more but it’s a good strategy for faster multiplication, and if it’s coming from a reputable farm with a good breeding buck. @PaulTheFarmer 1. I noticed that your “boer” is at best a crossbreed Boer. 2. Why would you want to crossbreed a halfpure “Boer” breed with pure Galla goats? They posses very different body characteristics, and would reduce the superiority of your breed. In my opinion I would have preferred you did pure Galla and introduce the Boer as a separate breed to ur farm. From experience pure breeds fetch more mulla. Would be interesting to know why tho’. Welcome to ufugaji and good luck in your journey … it’s an exciting one. [SIZE=1]Ps. Could your “does” have come from my friends @ pata mbuzi or mbuzi yangu?[/SIZE]

You should have waited for the virgins to reach 72 in number…
:D:D:D

@Elgin mbuzi moja uliuziwa ngapi?

For Galla goats maeneo za Isiolo or greater Eastern na N.Eastern “does” usually go for 5k upwards. For a good young breeding “buck” it’s 10k upwards.

There is a particular breed of mbuzi that’s milked… Very profitable…

huyu jama ni Elgin aliPost ii thread huko senate sijui aliDai anaendea wapi…
oyah @PaulTheFarmer kuom ivi

Following

Saanen, toggenburg & Alpine are for milk but can’t perform in harsh conditions with limited feeds.

Za dryland ni Galla( somali goat) & small East Africa which are best in meat production.

Can galla do well in Kirinyaga specifically? I have read that they prefer semi arid regions

They can but growth vigour & meat quality will be compromised.( Adaptation manenos).

Thanks. Do you know of a good breed for the region? Boer is a bit expensive

Toggenburg or Alpine is ok.

Thanks. na za nyama?

Galla the females Kshs 5,500, a good male from Kshs 10,000 - 15,000

Great Idea! Nataka kuanzisha shamba ya bananas…

A goat comes on heat a month after giving birth! In an Ideal goat breeding farm with synchronised breeding, goats are supposed to kid twice every year! We will get there, I wanna be sharing this practically because I know people don’t believe it can be done!

Nah! As of now, no supplements. Goats are browsers and I have some 47 very bushy acres.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. Goats give birth twice per year with a gestation period of 5 months and coming on heat almost immediately after giving birth (in 30 days)

Actually, I’m about 2kms from Athi River but I have a borehole in my farm.

waa hizo acres umenunua wapi mdau?