"FEAR." - A Hiphop Masterpiece by King Kendrick Lamar and The Alchemist

Let me correct @slevyn 's list: If Kendrick angekuwa rapper in the heydays of Tupac, BIG, Ice Cube, Nas, Jay Z, Eminem etc (mid 90s - early 2000s), he would have been just another rapper

o_O:D:DWhere was biggie so great at? angekuwa leo He would be considered the same garbage as everything else coming out today. What did he rap about? fatness coz ngoma yake enye naeza skiza from start to finish ni notorious PUFF daddy na that fat mofo was dead when itcame out He wasnt even that good, he was just overrated cause [SIZE=6]he was fat and died[/SIZE]. Now Tupac should have his own holiday.

Please, Dr. Dre doesn’t belong in this conversation. He has been a rapper, yes, but he has a well documented history of being ghostwritten for. The track you’ve mentioned here was written by none other than Jay Z!!! It’s the same reason we’re not mentioning Kanye West here too. Both have blessed hiphop with some of the greatest music and albums EVER, but they’re not emcees. They have ghostwriters. Comprende?

Yes, the Golden Era of hiphop had many talented and ultimately legendary Emcees. We are in agreement on that. I still maintain, Kendrick NOW stands head and shoulders above all of them, purely from a musical standpoint.

Look at everyone in your list. Whose discography, critically, can go toe to toe with Kendrick’s current golden run? All have been victims of commercialization/ failed experiments, which have blotted their work at certain points in time.

For instance, Nas with Nastardamus… He also had/ has a terrible ear for production. Eminem never really made us bop our heads after Eminem Show and a significant portion of his content was from fanning controversy, which meant he became mundane when the controversy became stale…

Cannot relate to this new version of hiphop and artists quite sure my fellow seniors will agree

hii ni Upuzi afadhali ungeleta Ngoma kama Forgot about Dre, The next Episode, What’s the difference, nuthing but a Gthang

hii sasa imekutoa kwa convo, hakuna kitu unajua.

If you’re looking for ‘bop-your-head’ music you probably wouldn’t find Eminem music that great. Yeah, em was a professional shit-stirrer, but he is also a great lyricist and when it comes to word play very few or even none can touch him. He has a unique rhyme scheme that relies almost entirely on delivery rather than the words actually rhyming. He is, really, a rap god.

Dude is from westside, Compton to be precise,mentored by 2pac… Record in Dre’s aftermath, one of the Blackhippy his name Kendrick Lamar the only artist who doesn’t look upon charts or numbers… The artist who consider trophies to be a pat on the back for a real fella… K.dot is extreem in this era… Look at the content digest each and every word… Only J cole can relate…

n he would have been at the belly fighting with PAC for the title.Seriously he carries west side hip hop perfectly like PAC.not too much into the thug life but when I listen to gkmc I swear I feel like I understand the mentality of Compton but at the same time peer pressure is every young Kenyan males song just switch the moms van with a vitz and story ni copy paste kila hood.That’s what makes him better than even previous emcees Tpab was removed in a state of hiphop that was only bumping mumble rap beats …now this incorporates all previous styles.Fear is like something from tpab …element is gkmc something like dna is something that smells from the section 8.0 workshop…with a bit of gkmc vibes kiasi but has a lot of arrogance of section 8.0
in short I have lots of discographies and k. Is the only new cat that has a clean n I mean clean top to bottom collection.Only other nigga that close is Eminem…Asher Roth…pusha t…top tier emcees.BTW drake…big Sean …have the worst compared to artists that they started with …close kuingia hiyo group ni asap rocky.
in the end hope those mixtapes days were back were mc’s would kill each others beat …Kendrick alikuwa hot in the heels of lil Wayne alikill best rapper alive version yake

:D:D:D:D:D Pewa mbili on me :slight_smile:

This is exactly what I’ve been tryna say and part of my strong justification for the GOAT status…

Every era claims their most hyped emcees are the GOAT. There was an era, circa 2008 who thought weezy was the all time Rap God. Yeah, he had the hype and commercial appeal, and Carter 3 was a banger, but did he stand the test of time?
Currently we have KDot…he’s riding on the crest of the hip hop wave, a shining light among the mediocre content being thrown out as hip hop. And everyone and their grandma proclaims him king.
Once his stuff transcends generations and contributes massively to the culture, then he might be considered GOAT.
I personally, don’t get what the hype is with Kendrick. But the humble vid is hella creative. J Cole is relatable and went platinum with no features. I’d pick him over this overhyped K dot any day. Lol.
And y’all wanna act like Rakeem ain’t up there with the KRSs. F’outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lokOP0zjOlE

Thats 2005 K. nigga was flames but I never took him seriously crunk was hot in 06 by the time i heard this shit, weezy was the hiphop “artist” and crunk was also still ON,ye we old oh ye snap ya fingaz.WE OLD…but if it was otherwise he would have even out shown weezy cuz in the same mixtape …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4k7iVjUws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSMCPAiWpaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC_mnMFrzGc

And that mixtape also has this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QQEs8C407c

This guy is no fluke artist ame mature so much that somehow i can relate tohis music cuz i can get what is all going through the album…funilLy i was a j,cole guy buT his first album was shit …thanK God he took this lan, going at it from the groundup and thus now i get his recent projects.In short this guy is going for THE throne and since he dropped control…yeye ni kitisho na hakuna clap back…APART FROM WASE WA TDE

Am Kendrick’s fan, a great one in fact, I feel his lyrics, sadly can’t relate to them, for that reason can’t claim he is a GOAT, am an African, so is all of you, Kendrick has a strong fan base, me being one of them, that’s what puts him up there. Otherwise, when we talk about GOATs, of this era that is, we should include Jermaine Cole on the list, otherwise Pac, Biggie, Cube will forever reign and their names can’t be replaced with some new kids in the game

can you name 5 @Ice_Cube songs without googling? or even 2 of his albums?

:D:D:D:D:D

Jermaine Cole is BORING A.F., yes, true! Not that much captivating…

sure

what makes J.Cole boring?

Errynody is entitled to their opinion

unajua huyu?
http://music.sportsinnercity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wc.jpg