Feed lot beef farming & fattening

Kitui County is Arid and Semi Arid land. @LongerTime I have some 43 Acres there DM me please I’m unable to DM you I get more information on funding. We can join hands @Roque in your research. I have researched extensively on Goat and Beef cattle feedlotting.

Kitui was not on the list for the feedlot program. But I’m sure they have something else for Kitui. Just email them or pay them a visit.
Feed the Future Kenya Livestock Market Systems Activity - ACDI/VOCA
USAID has so much money to give away, last I checked ACDI was literally begging for people to send in actionable proposals.
They got so desperate, thet they funded Brookside! Yes! THAT Brookside!
The thing is, if they don’t give out the money and show sustainable programs being run, they will lose their funding. Or it will be reduced.

Chief, please tell me more …I have been thinking of a similar project in Kodich,West Pokot county or Njoro Nakuru

The best shortcut I can give, if you want to benefit from the US Government Funds is to set up a feedlot on rented land in Isiolo or whichever qualifying county is more conveninet for you. Get the funds. Run the feedlot there for 3 years (USAID monitor their partners in this program for only 3 years) then transfer your farm to Kitui after the 3 years.

https://www.acdivoca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/LMS-consolidated-brochure_for-website.pdf

Follow the links above and contact the relevant people. Last I checked, they badly need young farmers.

The thread is becoming interesting

Thanks for the info, looked through the website and it appears alot of the emphasis is on Northern Kenya, with pass by their offices. @LongerTime lets share notes

Yes, seems you are right. I last dealt with them in 2018 so I am confusing them with another organisation that has programs in Ukambani. It’s somewhere in my E-Mail but I can’t figure out what key words to search for. The program was resilience something but “resilience” isn’t yielding any results. For some reason I assumed it was also an ACDI VOCA program but can’t find it on their site. The other organisation is in Westlands, ACDI VOCA is on Dennis Pritt road. Pay them a visit just to be sure. In the meantime if I remember which one funds in Ukambani nitakuambia. Those ones fund 50 %.

Ni ya babake!

Na ujue mabutchery siku hizi hawanunue ngombe alive. Unaenda nao kichinjio wanamalizia hapo na wanapima nyama na unalipwa. So mtu asiku danganye ati ngombe ni 100k moja so ngombe kumi ni 1 mirrions…

Buda niko kwenye semi-arid county na niko na acre mbili. Si uniconnect na hii uradi nitashukuru.

Worldwide Sires? American Breeder Services (ABS)?

Nilikua nafuatilia lanye stories and I’m happy I ended up here. I’m in Kitui some 30 minutes from Yatta. @Roque do you have any updates? We could link up to share material. I email ACDI VOCA today so awaiting the reply. @LongerTime please share any more info you have. Sijui bado if it’s illegal to post email details here but hopefully I’ll catch up fast…PS I have some real hands-on experience rearing cattle and goats but was also thinking of the feedlot route

Nimeona you can inbox so please ignore the gibberish I’d written about emails

@Kitui_jogoo planning to kickstart in the new year. Also emailed USAID but still haven’t received any response - i have someone on the inside looking for programmes they are funding. I am still research on the entire subject - feeds, initial setup costs, breeds, breakeven costs - i am an accountant so numbers must make sense first.

Uko Kitui side gani

nishaanza weekend. remind me to answer you on monday

ohh kumbe nilikua nishakujibu

USAID had another project walimaliza kupeana pesa juzi. Yenye nilikuandikia still has a year to go. But you need to know how to write concept notes

Share your figures on the initial set up cost.

Keenly following nione ka apart from goats nitaweka hii