FGM

Yeah. There’s the other type, clitoridectomy practised in communities such as Kisii and Kuria.

http://www.circumstitions.com/FGM-defined.html

no…its like chopping off the glans, corona of glans and frenulum of prepuse leaving the shaft…the frenulum is the most sensitive and its like your clitoris…if you play with it well,that shud be our secret[ATTACH=full]3659[/ATTACH]

Hata hiyo ya hospitali ya Egypt siwezi taka.

I wouldn’t allow my son to go through male circumcision either. Siwes taka!!

NIATEA MWARII @[U]Ladyette[/U], OUR BEAUTY

Shida ya hizi backward customs and why it becomes difficult to fight them is that often, the oppressed are the greatest defendants of the very system that oppresses them.

A coupla years back there was a story in the papers of this Kisii lady who had made up her mind that her daughters would not undergo FGM. All was fine and dandy until the said two daughters themselves started pestering her wanting to undergo the practice ostensibly because their high school classmates who had gone through it were laughing at them for ‘chickening out’. How they knew, I don’t know either.

When the pressure got too much and unbearable, the mother gave in but with a twist: that it must be done at the local hospital and they were fine with it. At the hospital, she struck a secret pact with the ‘doctor’ who was to do it and who himself was against the practise, unbeknownst to her daughters.

The deal was that the doctor would not do any cutting but would instead inject their clitoris (plural ni nini, clitorises ama clitorii?:)) with the normal salt solution found in hospitals.

On the appointed day, they were brought to hospital and the doctor did exactly that. The idea was for the gals to experience that ‘little’ pain (of the injection) that would convince them that indeed they had been circumcised. After the procedure, the gals were ‘admitted’ to the ward for ‘observation’ for about 2days then later released home uneventfully. Believing they were now circumcised and were now ‘women’ the issue never arose again.

Now, this story has often made me wonder: since all the FGM circumcisers are women, suppose they all conspired to do the same and save future generations of women from the problems (especially childbirth) that they themselves have gone through? Even if the said FGM is done at the insistence of men, I doubt any man will want to go prying on his daughters to confirm that indeed the ‘cutter’ did the operation. How about that?

3 Likes

Male circumcision is beneficial. I however am not for the idea of circumcising infants; I believe it should be done at the ‘right’ age, preferably at the onset of puberty. Besides, in some cases it’s actually therapeutic e.g for ballanitis.

There’s nothing wrong or primitive about any culture. If circumcision kills, merus or Somalis would be extinct. Its the mzungu who tells us that it is primitive. Our grand parents underwent it, but they still bore our mother’s who underwent it but still bore us. Who are we to break a tradition that has existed for millions of years?
I bet contraceptives kill more people than circumcision.

1 Like

Tafuta video ya infibulation watch it then come back and repeat what you’ve just said.

Aiiih, mboss we! Are you just saying it ama uko serious? :frowning: Ngoja wakupate hapa utasikia…

:slight_smile:

They can’t do that because they believe that the right way is what the ancestors used to do and it has been handed down. Folkways by William Graham Sumner sums up the whole mentality sad coz we are not still in his era but some of us are still stuck there.

Let’s go hunting and gathering.:wink:

1 Like

But despite the benefits it is neither essential nor detrimental to one’s health. Just a personal choice…I won’t subject my son to such.

Wewe hiyo ya wanawake siwezi taka. If I realised my gf amekatwa I wouldnt be happy. Male circumcision is also primitive to some extent. If I had a choice I would have rejected it, but backlash from the community would have been too severe for a 13 year old. It makes the erect dick too inflexible and gives it too much friction during sex. Kuingiza ni issue and if the pussy isnt well oiled it will hurt like shit.

Our hunter gatherer grand parents livid happier and longer than the civilized modern day man. Mimi siwesmind.

Most of the elderly ladies you see around have PROUDLY undergone it. And they are or were happily married, gave birth in the bush and will live longer than you and me. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a talker here who has undergone it but fears to speak out due to stigmatization.

Uncircumcised dick is messy during sex. And it creates too much pressure mtu anaweza pasuka womb.

1 Like

Kwani ni pump?

Thats an african excuse or scape goat. Although modernity came with diseases life expectancy before that was very fuckin low. Before modern medicine if you had two children you were likely to lose one or all of them before they are 15. Tropical diseases would sweep through population, killing enmass, and often almost everybody and this was usual. Diabetes, BP, cancer and the like were lower though. I remember my father telling me when he was a young boy in fifties and early sixties when african didnt care abt modern medicine measles would make an occasional but sure sweep and almost every household would have a fatality. There wasnt a vaccine then. However, this was expected, especially for children. Grandma attests to this by repeatedly telling of the story of affliction of my father by measles as an infant. Other women would tell her to throw the baby in the river because it wasnt going to survive and that was the practice to keep the disease from infecting and killing everyone. She held on and he somehow survived. This among other diseases such as malaria, was a seasonal thing like rain here.

Drought and hunger would also sweep sometimes wiping out whole civilizations and tribes and everything including goats and wild animals. Death wasnt unusual and you would just throw away the body to the hyenas, which were the best accepted disposal mechanism up to about 1940s/1950s. Its not like today people marry one woman and get two children. 7 children in the past were few and even risky. You needed more and you needed to get children early because dying young wasnt unusual.

2 Likes

hahaha…Sikujua hiyo.