Finally nitaona hii hekaya coming to life,

They have achieved practically nothing. Traffic in the city is more nightmarish than what it was before they were built. Rate of road expansion is slower than the rate at which ‘new’ cars are being added to an already overloaded system. This week I seen a car with KCE registration.

1 Like

You are talking about likoni, nyali doesn’t need to be a draw bridge as no ships pass there

we’re all talking about Likoni

all of us

everyone

2 Likes

I’ve seen documentaries where bridges are built and the maritime traffic is not disrupted whatsoever! It’s a shame I can’t give you reference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYROo9kcmE

2 Likes

Maybe I didn’t explain it right. I meant that the amount of traffic we receive at the Kenyan port is much larger than the amount they receive at the Tanzanian one. Both in terms of volume and actual vessel size. That means that we need a larger more mechanically complicated-ish bridge here than they need over there. That translates to more money, labor, etc on our end than theirs.

We have the advantage of already having a larger and better port than TZ which means that our main problem would be figuring out how to get that bridge up and running. If TZ was to go for this project on the same scale we need to, they would need to both expand their port and figure out how to build the bridge. If you’ve had a look at how the Kenyan port operates, then you will understand that it isn’t something TZ could just wake up and do without creating a very large dent in their finances.

3 Likes

got you

In as much as they might have eased the congestion to your satisfaction they have opened up more areas that were not easily accessible and brought on more people to actively engage in the economy. BTW without such improvements traffic in Nairobi would have been extremely congested

I agree, we should wait then do a tunnel, a perfect solution

The most basic point where the traffic from that bridge will go and,where it will come from.
I am no expert but I do know that until the mess that the Lights - Pirates stretch is cleared up,thru expanding it,we can build ten bridges n nothing would change. As it is now,Msa is in for some major changes…

1 Like

We definitely need to make some changes. I agree.

I’m just sayin’ that we have a long ways to go before we can get there and end up with a solution which works from all angles.

Point noted, Sister! And I think the TZs are wiser than us! It seems they are doing it when it is affordable to them in all aspects! We could have built ours millennia ago but… ama wacha tu!

The topic was Nyali. Derailment? Not really

1 Like

@le scumbag I assumed we were all focusing on this part of the OP’s post?

there are ports coming up.
i wont say where but ships will nolonger need to go to mombasa.
i aint talking about lamu

there are ports coming up.
i wont say where but ships will nolonger need to go to mombasa.
i aint talking about lamu

The Akashi-Kaikyo bridge. Anyone?

1 Like

Ooops got lost in the examples

1 Like

We need a tunnel Britain built their first in 1840s cant we built one like this across that 700m channel? Thika road tuliweza sambuse hii? [ATTACH=full]11253[/ATTACH]

3 Likes

It was rumored itakuwa hizo side za Tudor ama ni wapi?

1 Like