Finaly in Kisumu Dredging Vessel

Apparently you are the chieth ong’er. osungu.dll imeleta cider

But has the cause of proliferation of the hyacinth been addressed??

You are right, its a dredger not hyacinth remover however part of that process will be to remove the hyacinth to clear the area for operations and shipping. Its the first phase of the Kshs 10 billion, $100 million Kisumu port that links with SGR cargo and passenger terminal. This is just the first civil works to prepare the area for development.

[SIZE=7]Lake Victoria shipping to grow as dredging of Kisumu port starts[/SIZE]
THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019 20:48
BY VICTOR RABALLA
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/image/view/-/4939918/medRes/2226720/-/maxw/960/-/dvu242z/-/KSM.jpgDredging of Kisumu port will help ease navigation of vessels. FILE PHOTO | NMG

Ship transport on Lake Victoria is set to improve after the government started dredging Kisumu port to ease navigation of vessels. The project has officially kicked off and will subsequently include water hyacinth control with the aim of opening up the lakeside port. The initiative is intended to open up Winam Gulf which has been choked by the weed which extends to Homa Bay County. Kenya Ports Authority Head of Inland Waterways Javan Wanga said the exercise will cover 62 kilometres and take at least 30 months to complete.
Speaking at the Kisumu Port after docking of the dredging machine, Mr Wanga said the shoreline will be drilled to six metres deep to allow berthing of heavy ships. “The pier has accumulated residue over the years and has made some areas shallow up to between 1.5 to three metres deep,” he said. Mr Wanga said that the landing bay will be widened to about 80 metres to accommodate two ships at a time. “The government is committed to revitilise the lake for optimisation of the blue economy and make iot beneficial to the economy of the region,” he said. The 70-metre-long dredging vessel, MV Mangoe Tree Ltd, arrived in Kisumu yesterday ahead of the launch today. It was witnessed by Kisumu Deputy Governor Mathews Owili and officials from Kenya Maritime Authority, Kenya Pipeline Corporation, Kenya Railways Authority, Lake Victoria Basin Commission and the Lake Region Economic Bloc. MV Mangoe Tree Ltd administrator Frank Nenard however said removal of the stubborn hyacinth weed will start after three months as they await the arrival of two harvesting machines to be shipped in from China.

I hope so or the entire exercise will be naught.

provided we continue polluting the lake, hyacinth will proliferate.

It hasn’t, pollution I.e sewerage draining to the lake is the the cause of its extensive growth.

It hasn’t, pollution I.e sewerage draining to the lake is the the cause of its extensive growth.

Enriched human fecal matter can’t be the full cause… And yet people bathe and eat from the same source… ngai fafa

I had thought opening up the Mbita Causeway would improve lake circulation but it just increased the growth of hyacinth…

in the US clearing hyacinth is a private business. Plus they do not over complicate things. Just a simple machine is usually enough to do the work. I was considering buying one and seeking for work in rivers and other smaller ponds around the country where the hyacinth is a menace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqyc-i-a11g

Hapa if you start benefitting from the hyacinth utafunga fiashara kama Dominion.

Wacha ninukishe kitunguu in peace

All the best, honestly.

:D:D:D:D:D
Shait.

Eti cassowary! na si mko na matusi

:D:D:D:D:D:DHuoni @Colombo-Combolo alikuwa ameeni-attack bila sababu?

Handshake

Si nili sulender nawe unanisumbua juu ya Jameson, konyagi itulie

Have a good evening Sir.

The Maandamano guys did their thing saying the machine was destroying FIS breeding ecosystem.