Food For Thought

This pseudowisdom yako is high grade foolishness. I value my time enough not to waste it in unnecessary stops. Peleka huu ujinga wako mbali sana.

Kusema utasema lakini ni kama useme utatomba mamba mtoni, haifanyiki kamwe. We cannot pass simplistic ill thought laws that will simply fail the constitutional threshold especially on human rights and equality. If its banning vehicles from public roads, it can only be personal vehicles of any class, cc, colour and size. Hiyo ingine ni hot air

You think people in developed nations use public transport in cities juu hawawezi afford gari?? Your level of mental retardation is out of this world. Bonobos like you expect to solve pressing problems without making any sacrifices. You are the cause of traffic jams. If you want them to stop, you must incur a personal cost. By the way, people without cars have been attending meetings in time long before you were born so wacha upuzi na kujiona sukari with your funny meetings excuses.

Ban all toyota

I already said it before. This post will be unpopular with most talkers because it affects them directly. They are the typical middle class bonobo who wants the traffic jam problem to solve itself as they drive their jalopies to work every morning.

The average bonobo wants the problem to disappear on its own, without him making any personal sacrifice, even when he is part of the problem. If you tell them to use the bus and the traffic jam problem will disappear, they don’t want to because suddenly, they are too cool for ma3s and have “urgent” meetings to attend.

With your shitty arguments again, you were just told by @Exodus we don’t have a reliable public transport system. Utaingia gari imejaa kamagera ungoje 30 minutes ijae. Ama unafikiria we work from home? I value my time enough to get a car to get where I’m going on time. Peleka hii pseudointellectualism yako mbali with painful truths.

Look at the way you and woriahe are on the same iq level on this topic. Basically what he is suggesting is no different from what you foolishly suggested as it would come to the same effect. However effective, is is highly discriminatory hence unworkable.

You ever been to countries where their transport system works?

It would get more efficient with time. But the first step should be removing 95% of private cars from the CBD. Other policies and laws will follow when the volume of vehicles drops to manageable levels.

We can’t have you and your grandmother driving around the city in 1800cc vehicles while pretending to solve the traffic jam problem. Public transportation is more efficient at decongesting cities and that’s not even a debate.

With no alternative this is not going to work. BRT that would have atleast tried is dead. We’ve been with matatus before to know that they do not work. The train system hapo railways is a perfect system of an organized mass transport, it is known what time it leaves the station, what time it gets to other stations, duration of stops and can plan to within 5 minutes that you’ll get to your destination. That’s whats lacking as an alternative.

Such a rule cannot exist. It will be reverted by the courts after 5 minutes.

I agree. The rule could fail because of a legal technicality. However, it is the best and possibly quickest way of solving the CBD traffic jam mess. Unfortunately, that will never see the light of day.

As long as regular Joe can access the CBD with his jalopy, and there are millions of regular Joes, traffic jams are here to stay.

This has been discussed before in depth.Great minds have been tasked to come to solutions but what we all don’t know is this on the other hand is a channel that brings lots of money to… …anyway let me not talk much about this but this is an issue that will not go away any soon.

Nairobi needs an advanced railway system that connects all metropolitan areas to the CBD.

An advanced railway system similar to those you would find in New York, London and Tokyo.

If you ban vehicles with 3000 cc from the CBD, they will still clog up all the major highways during rush hour and it will be chaos all over again.

The only solution to traffic in Nairobi is a rail network. 33 seater iron sheet and filler driven and managed by thugs with nothing to live for are not solution to anything.
Any other solution is a shortcut to nowhere.
The governor who will start by laying the first kilometer of rail on or under the ground will have gotten it right.

unaita @Yuletapeli thug…but truth be said ugali na sukuma ameuliza azor mayai kama ashawai enda place public transport ina work…mi place zote ina work nimeona kuna trains…so as you have said mwenye atafikiria out of the box aanze rail transport ndio ataweza…na sio i ya saa i unapandanga train ruiru 6:30 unafika tao 8

Replace them with camels?[ATTACH=full]467299[/ATTACH]

Since you’re so smart and have all these ‘great’ solutions for the city, how about you go talk to sakaja and become one of his advisors. I’m sure we will all benefit from your wisdom, Muturandom. Otherwise, endelea na academic writing hapo roysambu polepole bila kusumbua kijiji with your numerous ‘nuggets of wisdom’ :D:D:D

The problem is most car companies are now downsizing their engines drastically so in a few years only a handful of cars will be over 3000cc.

The solution to the traffic menace would require:
a) first lay an organized mass transit network (rail, light-rail (trams) and/or BRTs)
b) get stationary taxis out of CBD (they should have a yard and only wait to be summoned, or be on the move to be hailed)
c) make parking within the CBD exhorbitantly expensive for private vehicles
d) create cheaper, multi-storey, secure parking lots closer to the mass-transit stations
e) encourage private, organised medium–to-large transportation to supplement the mass-transit providers like SWVL tried to do.

…and it’s true, private vehicles contribute greatly towards the traffic menace. Ever noticed how congested it gets when matatus go on strike and everyone opts for their private means?