For the Broke/ Cheap Guitar players...

I would hate to know your arrogance in real life and I pity those that are without doubt exposed repeatedly to your “maestro” style.

When you say that using a capo changes the pitch of a song and changes its key, how is that different from accommodating the singer’s voice range as I had stated? Ama lazima ungeng’ang’ana kubishana ndio uweke emojis za kitoto hapo?

But seriously though. Suppose you want to do "Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole who performs it, as you may already know, on a ukulele, the capo goes on the fifth fret. In fact, from fifth fret inwards, the guitar sounds uncannily like a ukulele. You may want to try it someday, your Lordship, when you take a break from measuring your small penis with the small frets.[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

2 Likes

Mute his handle then reload the page then patia kijana then rudisha baadaye.

Dhanks.

1 Like

I’ll have to agree with @Pseudonyms on this one.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here are some more emojis. If you felt insulted, I’m sorry but shove it up your ass. I won’t engage in insults with you because you will not like what I have to say.

Here’s some more arrogance. In music, the range of a musical instrument is the distance from the lowest to the highest pitch it can play. For a singing voice, the equivalent is vocal range. The range of a musical part is the distance between its lowest and highest note. In vocal range, it is further broken down into registers such as whistle register, falsetto register, modal register and vocal fry register. The kawaida singer will use the modal register which typically covers two octaves, and occassionally the falsetto register which is one octave. A guitar can comfortably cover/range over 4 octaves. Considering the typical chord progression only uses one octave, which range is this you are talking about where a guitarist must use a capo?

Now, the key of a piece is a group of pitches, or scale, upon which a music composition is created in music. The group features a tonic note (the root of the scale of which the key will be named after) and its corresponding chords, also called a tonic or tonic chord, providing a subjective sense of arrival and rest, and also has a unique relationship to the other pitches of the same group, their corresponding chords, and pitches and chords outside the group. The kawaida open chords used by guitarists are C major, A major and A minor, G major, D major, F major, E major and E minor, and B minor (which is a barre chord. Rearrange them and you get two scales/keys. C major/A natural minor, and G major/E natural minor. Now, if I put the capo on the second fret and use those same chords, I will now be playing in D maj or A maj keys.

If the vocalist is trained/has had extensive practice in different keys, they can simply choose to sing the song in different keys, and the capo guitarist uses it to match the key of the song. A bassist may also decide to pick the chords of the song. They may be in key, but they will be in a completely different range.

There is something called a musical tone, which is a steady periodic sound. A musical tone is characterized by its duration, pitch, intensity (or loudness), and timbre (or quality). Tone can be determined by several factors such as string type (nylon, steel e.t.c), length of the string, amount of tension on the string, pressure on the string, age of the string e.t.c

Timbre is the perceived sound quality of a musical note, sound, or tone, that distinguishes different types of sound production, such as voices and musical instruments, such as strings, winds (woodwind and brass), and percussion, and which enables listeners to hear even different instruments from the same category as different (e.g. a viola and a violin, trombone and trumpet, clari… you get the drift).

Singers and instrumental musicians can change the timbre of the music they are singing/playing by using different singing or playing techniques. For example, a violinist can use different bowing styles or play on different parts of the string to obtain different timbres. On electric guitar and electric piano, performers can change the timbre using effects units and graphic equalizers. Here is Pat Metheny using effects to make a guitar sound like a trumpet…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCPfKzIK6Wo

In simple terms, timbre is what makes a particular musical sound have a different sound from another, even when they have the same pitch and loudness. For instance, it is the difference in sound between a guitar and a piano playing the same note at the same volume. Both instruments can sound equally tuned in relation to each other as they play the same note. And while playing at the same amplitude level, each instrument will still sound distinctively with its own unique tone color. Experienced musicians are able to distinguish between different instruments of the same type based on their varied timbres, even if those instruments are playing notes at the same pitch and loudness.

Wherever you put that capo on a guitar, it will still sound like a guitar will under those circumstances. The tone may be similar to a ukelele based on those parameters above, but it will still be a guitar sound.

Here are some more emojis.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::D:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 Like

You don’t have to make it unpleasant for everyone else who is playing or learning to play, you dolt!

1 Like

So mine was unpleasant and his wasn’t?

Btw, since when did the truth of the matter become arrogance? Do I have to kiss arse for me not to be arrogant?

This is the kind of people who just discourage people from learning something new by their sheer snobbishness and use of big words.

Hata nimemuacha.

Amekuquote ng’ombe hii.

I can see that. Like I said, let’s not engage in insults. You will not like what I have to say.