For the love of Kenya, my country

[ATTACH=full]140358[/ATTACH]

In case you forgot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJl73neCYRw

Like it or not kids these days rarely speak their mother tongue and for some of us who are parents will agree with me .what’ going to happen when they’ll have their own kids if they the parents can’t speak it at first?

The way you been told up there our generation is cursed with tribalism and let it die with us.Im not passing it on to my children. I’m not,labda wewe

Our Leaders are the problem

Our nation will find it very hard to look up to the leaders who are keeping their ears to the ground.

it depends on how you choose to look at things btw, you can either see the glass half empty or half fool.

“I am not tribal, and I can prove it because I have kalenjin, kamba and luo friends, so that means I am no tribal. I will not even teach my children my language just to proof that I am not tribal” could this be the issue right there? it maybe or maybe not, but as long as anybody brings out the tribal card, then everything begins to look tribal. Imagine the level of effort you have to go to just trying to prove this point, which in turn means that the tribal card is always playing in your mind, just for you to keep an eye out and avoid it!..

Urbanization and globalization cannot help deter tribalism. Let us start from home. Parklands, Kibera, Kawangware, Babadogo, Githurai and Pipeline are “urban” areas lakini they are segregated in that the population of members of certain ethnic groups outnumber by far that of other ethnic groups. That is the same in Beirut, Paris, Damascus, Berlin or London. There are areas where people segregate themselves on the basis of their ethnicities.

If it were true that urbanization and globalization can help deter tribalism, then that phenomenon would be nonexistent.

@Guru funza mtoto lugha asiwe mkosa mila. N

[ATTACH=full]140371[/ATTACH]

Ma instagram addicts na slay queens with all their sense of entitlement and nonexistent work ethic?

Middle class estates. I have done the study by the way…among my friend who grew up in shags are totally tribal. On the other hand, those who grew up in estos like Buru, South b etc are really indifferent to tribes

Tribe and culture are two different things.Wamama kama nyinyi ndio mume
fanya maisha yangu iwe ngumu.That child can learn five different languages without problems. Why do you choose to disadvantage them using your limitations?I am bitter because I suffered as a child from this stupidity and now I watch helplessy as the young ones are led down the same path by a clueless female.
Nimemaliza rant.Feels better.

First thing when my kid is born is talk to him /her in mother tongue, till joining school, it must learn mother tongue.

Teach your kids, brothers and family not to hate. Our diversity is our pride.

Nyinyi ngojeeni watoto wenu, mimi nawakilisha mabadiliko mwenyewe.

Blacky that’s not my point , you clearly said that and I quote " tribalism will end with Uhuruto leadership." But here you have a leader who makes statements that insinuate that there are 2 tribes that “ONLY” fought for independence and these 2 tribes are in leadership right now. Stop , and think about it for a minute even though he could be right " this leader is able to recognize the TWO TRIBES- he is glorifying them , praising them and approves their superiority , do you expect this leader to end the tribalism as you were trying to imply ? Just think about it.

In short your statement was wrong , and I would have preferred you don’t say the 2 are champions of anti- tribalism. But I’ll excuse you because I know you are still on celebratory mode for now :). I watch CNN at times. It’s the same as Trump saying" let’s not lie to each other its only the whites who are more elite, more successful and hence deserve to be in power. " even though it might be true, what kind of condemnation will he get?

But since it’s Kenya, and a leader will utter whatever and have his cronies defend him, then it’s ok. But this same kenyan tribal crony living in Trumpastland would bash Donald for saying that statement but defend Uhuruto. Just saying.:slight_smile:

Several years ago I went to do studies somewhere. I had these friends who were natives of that country. They would befriend me, eat, talk to me and were very close till one day I saw SWASTIKA sign hidden in their room and some white gown worn by the white supremacist hidden in one of the boxes. Point is " having eagles as friends doesn’t make you an eagle. You might fly with them but you still remain a crow":smiley:

They are the first step to having a generational change. After ruto is done…there will be new faces in the political arena running on a different campaign not based on complaining about a particular tribe every time. Its a process my friend. However i maintain…teach your lids your culture and geritage including speaking your language…do not deprive them if that!

Na btw wewe unakuwanga na hekaya mob umekalia tuu…tunazihesabu

Kuna moja umenusia hapa? I was expecting a feat? :D:D

My children must learn the language of their forefathers.
Uhuru grew up in state house as a privileged kid and he speaks Kikuyu fluently. Then some wannabe middle class Kenyans servicing huge loans just to fit in want to tell us their kids can’t speak their mother tongue. Noooooooo, that’s totally wrong, there’s a very big difference between culture and tribalism.
N