For those of us tunapenda kununua simu majuu...

omwami so hii simu imekusumbua

Lakini @Jazzman si ununue network unlocked phones? Hata kama ni za past flagships kuna zile ziko cheap sana

At the moment itā€™s mostly americans who use it. Thatā€™s why smartphones can work on either gsm or cdma

Hizi simu za marshmallow exploit ni moja pekee. Ako na hiyo dongle ya GC Pro key?

Sio vile. Sikuwa najua security procedure zilibadilika. Nimekuwa nikitumia hizo maujanja for long

Compared to an unlocked phone, a locked phone is much much cheaper. This one I bought at $31. If it was on kitkat or early builds of lollipop I would already have unlocked it. The cdma carriers, google and qualcomm have increased security for later builds of lollipop and marshmallow. An exploit will always be found though. Iā€™m in line to have someone from NZ unlock it remotely

Si hii pia ni WCDMA??

CDMA ni tofauti na WCDMA. Actually itā€™s a development of 3G with Cdma characteristics

I understand that:-
GSM - 2G
WCDMA- 3G
LTE - 4G

Try to elaborate as simply as possible, usiongeze maneno ya madoido, what CDMA is?

It is a method of sending data over radio networks. It was developed separate from GSM and is owned by qualcomm. When GSM was adopted by most of the world, Americans adopted cdma

Whereas GSM divides data by time and sends them one by one, cdma divides data by code division, encoding them separately and sending them all at once, something called multiplexing: where several signals can be sent on one bandwidth

Aha! You nailed it! So Wakenya tuko kwa GSM, right??

1 Like

Oh yes. And decendants of GSM

Yeah izo ma3G n above

Yes. 3G (HSUPA, HSPA+), WCDMA (here is where gsm and cdma meet), and 4G. LTE is not a technology, but it is a set of guidelines a mobitel will follow to upgrade networks to 4G speeds and capabilities.

Interesting, so what tools do i need nifungue a small shop lithuli i start unlocking these CDMA phones? Like do i need any sort of program or skill?

1. A laptop (32 bit windows would be better. 64 bit inasumbua na drivers)
  2. Internet
  3. Android Debug Bridge Drivers (very small. Something like 10mb at most)
  4. Google android studio (you really wonā€™t use it a lot. Only one part of it called platform tools which you can download separately)
  5. USB cables
  6. Bootloader unlocking manuals
  7. Latest recovery binaries (I love using Team Win Recovery Program. Very small as well)
    8. Latest stable SuperSU binaries (ukiweka za kitambo simu itakwama kwa bootloop. Very small as well)
  8. Bookmark ya XDA developers usome various exploits, their pitfalls, how to avoid them, and what to do in case they happen. Also you can read how to push adb commands to a phone via MS-DOS (I still call it that though it changed to command prompt)
  9. Basic flasher windows program
  10. NV items reader/writer (to change hardware driver files)
  11. DFS tools (from cdmatools.com to enable the phone use other network bands)

Usingā€™angā€™ane na hiyo dongle for now. Kuna exploit ya HTC 10 imepatikana. Inatumia marshmallow so does this one of mine. Nitpitia kwa a friend laptop yake ni 32 bit windows nitaunlock huko.

1 Like

snapdragon=jose

3 Likes

Nice man. Very informative thread.

1 Like

Hii ni afadhali kuliko kujaza server na umama

1 Like

What are the phone specs if the $31 phone. You have my attention