Ford F150

The kind of obscene wealth and opulence being paraded by those Kiambu coffee land inheritor types is NOT SAFE when there is rich-dynasties/poor-hustlers talk floating around.

I have seen 3 bros and their 2 cousin’s dramatically arrive at a Kiambu rd joint in 5 cars that they called “57M worth of ride” each of the cars was > 10M

Kwanza kwa FB is where those riches are laid out for all to see.

Next…

Buda boss stop trying to push that narrative. I’ve seen and know alot of gringos who also use it like a normal car in the cities. Sio lazima uwe farmer

European streets are small hence their desire for small cars and trucks. It has nothing to do with being “special caucasians” it’s just common sense.

Some European city streets were designed for horses or small horse drawn wagons back in the day. Hapo nika VW beetle ama Fiat 500 katatoshea. Their cars are practical. Same with Japanese.

You must’ve seen the Top Gear trio struggling to fit the massive Lamborghini through some Italian streets.

How much is it?

U.S trucks sio expensive kununua. Kama hio F150 inaanzia $28,000 or 3 million bob. And you can even choose to add or subtract options e.g 6 types of engines to choose from.

If Kenyans wanted they could mass produce cars that suit Kenyan needs. For instance the Mobius may be very ugly (for now) but it suits some village terrain. If more Kenyans bought more Kenyan cars bei zinashuka naturally and options will be plenty.

At $28,000 the idea is to promote buying of new cars. You trade in the old one after a few years and buy a new one. The American economy is built on throwing away to get a new product. A Kenyan buys a car… for life!

It’s a great car, I like it.

@T.Vercetti

Similarly with the big trailers an actros or scania is a toy compared to a peterbilt truck.

If we use horsepower to make comparisons,I presume you are wrong.

Actros ama a European or Japanese truck haitoboi hio kazi. Only a well powered American truck can pull such weights.

[ATTACH=full]329693[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]329694[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]329695[/ATTACH]
All these are European trucks. Its the cabin style of ‘cab-over engine’ (european) versus the ‘engine front cab’ (american) aka vile Zambian truckers refer to as “Long-nose”
Point of correction!
Longer wheelbases are better for carrying heavier loads, and I think are easier to add sleeper compartments to for the common cross-country outback drives. A cab over engine configuration also allows a tighter turning radius which is important in the typically smaller European streets but not so much in the US.
Also part of the reason is since the fuel tanks are usually under the cab on American Semi’s they move the engine up to make more room for fuel so truck can drive longer without refueling or to carry the larger loads on American semi trucks. As many semi’s would be moving goods long distances, occasionally cross country, where you want to make as few stops as possible along the way.
-They are noisier
-They are hotter.
-Difficult to add a sleeper
-Maintenance - you have to jack up the entire cab to reach the engine if its European.
-Ride is rougher due to shorter wheelbase.(already mentioned)

When you are a driver in the outback, you don’t want to ever go through such constraints above.

Popular Kenworth T909 in Ozy runs a 550hp yet there are Scanias up north Australia in mining running 730hp, guess how many “truckies” /drivers opt for Scanias compared to Kenworths?
Your guess is as good as mine, ‘Long Nose’ American Kenworths sale like hotcake whether last years model or older.
Either way you see it,no truck can survive in Australia without CUMMINS involvement!
Mack Titans, Kenworths and Peterbilts are loved by all and sundry in the Ozzy outbacks.

My 2 koboles!

Ooh come on, did you really understand @johnpombe point? It’s clear you didn’t

:D:D

I read a report which said that the F-150 is the most stolen car in the country, more than Toyotas. It’s a nice truck but in terms of size, RAM pickups are more intimidating… The first time hubby saw one at the supermarket parking lot he just stood there and admired this thing of beauty. It’s huuuge!

[ATTACH=full]329719[/ATTACH]

Dodge RAM 3500 ndo baba yao. Hio ghasiaa ndo mi hu-rent nikienda vacation Texas kutembelea ma ranchers wenzangu(heshimu livestock producer). Hio kitu unakanyanga mafuta hivi kidogo unaskia machine nikaa imeinuka juu kiasi na sauti ingine wazimu.

Finally we agree. We have to give it to those gringos. They have a passion when it comes to big muscle anything

Those trucks are not just for farmers

But he didn’t say so

:D:D:D Nyinyi wawili mmemaliza kuongea?

American truck companies usually offer variety as per each country and their needs.

In short they make niche trucks for every country and for each specific need and operation. Yaani options. That’s why American freighters are popular in Australian mining. Also they are cheaper to operate than their European counterparts.

For instance in Australian road trains Kenworth Australia offers a unique truck called the Kenworth C5 series. The top one being the C510 but today they have the C550.

The Kenworth C510 may come equipped with a variety of engines but at the very top end is the Cummins QSK19 engine that may deliver 800hp.

https://www.cummins.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_display/public/2018-08/qsk19-propulsion.png?itok=z_5_PjQK
[ul]
[li]Engines[/li][/ul]

QSK19

Power525 - 800 hp
391 - 597 kW

Torque1775 - 2275 lb-ft
2407 - 3084 N•m
Certification

In mining the trailers themselves are modified with pushers as this old video and article below illustrates.

Below is an old C510 powered by a 650 hp Cummins QSK 19 engine. This video was shot in 2006. The engines today are more powerful.

The pushers or powered trailers add another 400 hp to give you a 1000hp rig.

Again it all depends on your needs. If you want 1200hp they’ll give you a road train with that much power. Overall Kenworth rigs win because of things like cheaper tyres, cheaper rims, cheaper parts etc.

A European truck like Mercedes features complex computers… do the math. The guy with cheaper parts wins.

1000 HP Kenworth C510 – Powertrailer combination Review – Australian Roadtrains

@T.Vercetti …what have you added that I haven’t pointed out already?

Soma thread hadi mwisho na uwatch video. Hata hujasoma comment.

You talk of the Kenworth T909 and clearly you dont know of the more superior and more powerful Kenworth C5 series which was designed for the outback.

C509 - Kenworth Australia

You also don’t seem to understand that the U.S deals in variety or options. You can get an 800hp prime mover and also get modified trailers that push power to above 1000 hp. Trailer zenyewe ziko powered.

You you are talking of a 730hp Scania whereas with a Kenworth or Mac you can take the power to whatever level you need even 1200 hp. I didn’t see you saying that.

And not only that just like American muscle cars you can tune the Cummins engine further. OPTIONS!!

From the photo you can see that the Cummins QSK19 has an 800hp option. Your scania is at 730hp.

If you want, Kenworth can modify that 800hp even further or you can use the powered trailers alternative. Your choice.

(Does Scania offer such options and if the answer is yes at what cost as compared to Kenworth?)

If only you also read my earlier comment till the end,you wouldn’t have turned this into a dick measuring contest!

Popular Kenworth T909 in Ozy runs a 550hp yet there are Scanias up north Australia in mining running 730hp, guess how many “truckies” /drivers opt for Scanias compared to Kenworths?
Your guess is as good as mine, ‘Long Nose’ American Kenworths sale like hotcake whether last years model or older.
Either way you see it,no truck can survive in Australia without CUMMINS involvement!
Mack Titans, Kenworths and Peterbilts are loved by all and sundry in the Ozzy outbacks.

I have a feeling you are obsessed with all things American which is fine by me so to each his own.
Don’t let your obsession become the pinnacle of your knowledge. A case of being a “pizza-cutter”, all edge and no point!

My 2 Koboles

Wacha emotions. Can the scania 730hp be boosted to 1000hp?

Jibu hio swali?

Read.