freak swimming pool accident

:D:D:D:D:D:D umenibamba… But acha nisikucheke… I am hella afraid of water niliperekwa swimming lessons aga khan as a kid nilikuwa nacheza na mafloater. Zisipokuwa nakaa kwa edge ya shallow end lesson yote

Drowning is not something to joke with. One can drown in a kirai if they f**k around.

That place should be held responsible for his death, where was the lifeguard?

Siku ya nyani kufa miti yote huteleza. Watch out this. Inaitwa bahati mbaya

Gikoraga mundu mari na muka gitandari

Living in Mombasa and i had to learn how to swim at a very young age.Unfortunately 3 things come to my mind when i hear such stories.

1 . While we were young, tulikua tunaenda place inaitwa manyani or mnyuchi. Ok ukiwa nyali bridge the opposite side ya tudor creek kuna place we used to sneak to for a swim. We didnt know how to swim,three of us. So we carried those small 20ltrs palstic jerricans as floaters and we paddled our legs to the deep end and back.
Kuna siku tukiwa deep end my jerrican escaped me. Nikijaribu kukarukia to get back to shore,with the small wave i caused kakaruka a bit further. Took a heavy one down the throat and 3 of my next attemptS nilikunywa maji kukunywa. My two pals who were now at the shallow end tried to throw their “floaters” but i had weakened up mbaya .Couldnt grab anything . So amid the crying and shouting a guy sitted by the shore smoking weed came to the rescue and pulled me out.
After first aid and vomiting out the salty water we vowed to never ever set foot in mnyuchi again. A week later a son of the village headman drowned at the same spot and the body was found 4 days later in very bad shape and the odour -binadam sio kitu

2 . I lost a close childhood friend while staying in barsheba area,more like a brother to me. Guy was bright and he got scholarship to study in london after doing well in KCSE. He did not know how to swim,we both knew that, but he had a way of making us believe that he was a shark in water. His new found pals that he befriended huko thought it was a joke and after a night out, they pushed him kwa swimo akiwa a bit tipsy. Attempts to resuscitate him failed… I still remember the tears as we went to pick his body at the airport for burial.

3 . A trip to Lamu, i paid back a debt i never thought i would. years later after the Mnyuchi accident that nearly took my life away,we were sitting in Shella beach with close family friends when one girl whom i had a crush on decided its time to show us that watu wa lamu wote wanajua kuoga! . Dredging for the deepening of the seabed was in process na ukiingia kwa maji a few steps uko deep sana. So mimi nimechill and ilikua ile time ya fly button trousers(for lack of better name). Zile trao zina buttons kwa side…yeah those ones. Niliskia nduru coming from the water msichana wa watu anazama. I quickly went and pulled her out but only after she made sure she held at my head for her to stay afloat. Luckily i slipped from her armpit and managed to push her ashore.

swimming ni noma nakumbuka when I was around 12 years old, kuenda pool lazima mathe angekuwa hapo hata children as young as 8 walikuwa wanaingia pekee yao lakini mi na my younger sister lifesaver anasema matha yetu alikataa tuingie bila yeye kuwa hapo

I’m an average swimmer at best

Mimi kuswim hapana,kuna time tukiwa watoi huko eldy tulienda sosian river kuduf.Nikaona watoi wenzangu wanafly vipoa sana wakiingia kwa maji,Mimi nikaamua wacha niruke pia.Niliona giza tititi.sijui nani aliniokoa.Tangu hiyo siku siwezi ingia kwa maji yenye imepita magoti yangu.

kumbe tuko wengi?

ati kungia kwa maji imepita magoti? mimi hata bath tub siingiangi, if the bath water is not coming from an overhead tap… i will gladly do a mukuna

More of the same thing happened to me apo Fort Jesus. Was around 8-10 and I have NEVER forgotten that experience till now I remember it like it was yesterday. Got saved by this old man (lifeguard) that used to always hang around Fort Jesus.

Nu kuna place mombasa inaitwa bahari club,al the degenerates,chokoraas and weed smokers used to inhabit that area. Sijui kama bado iko ama it was fenced off later.

It had a docking platform for dhows and boats, a huge cement cube built eons ago which was not in use. Hapo utapata watoi wa mombasa wale vichwa ngumu using that as a diving board. A Maasai na shuka round his shoulders aliambiwa na watoi njoo uruke hapa sio deep si unaona nasimama while the kid is paddling his feet to stay afloat on the deep end. Mwili ya maasai ilibidi navy wakam kuitafuta next day na wakaikosa na story ikaisha hivyo.

Maji si mchezo…

Hii mambo ya maji imefanya uandike essay:D

Its standard - all swimming pools have a “metal rod” on standby.

To avoid the lifesaver and the victim both drowning (due to panic) - the rod is extended to the victim to hold.

Am a professional swimmer,got lucky to join a sec with a swimming pool and i became a pro, @mukuna can attest to this:D. I pray to God that, one day ill rescue a victim to test my talent.

Swimo kama hujui we chezea tu shallow end otherwise life is precious

niko na time mingi leo asubui

Ubaya nasomea kwa small gadget ni stress. I’ll revisit

Can swim like a fish , lakini kitu naogopa ni kupata muscle pull kwa maji hapo ndio utajua drowning is real.

mimi siwezi swim na sijui. hiyo ni kuharibu maji na venye kwetu ukambani ni haba.